- ☆

- In Riku's sleep : Riku's POV -

Here I am, back in this hell hole. At least it isn't like that sterilised hospital room I was isolated in for the majority of my life.

It was full of needles, heart monitors, anesthesia and much more. I got sick of it all really.

"Riku-kun~ Hey!"

The spirit that resides within me now swung infront of me, he was basically the same height as me.

His wise, indifferent sun-like orbs were stabbing daggers. The entity's velvety, long locks cascaded onto its shoulders, the bleached strands hid under the brown ones that sat on top of it.

"Kazu-san! Ah, hello." I smiled in relief.

He returned my expression with his enthusiasm clearly shown in his voice, "Mhm! Ne~ Where's the bracelet you got? We can match as soon as I change it!!"

Glancing down at my wrist, I hummed whilst taking it off, "Here you go, Kazu-san."

Snatching it from my grasp, blobs from the grotesque fluid below us started to form around him and the ornament.

The engraving was whisked away and replaced with 'カズ '.

Sliding the wristlet onto him, the boy giggled and showed him the final product, "Look! It's way better with my name on it, hehe."

Gazing at the sight in front of him, I turned my head away and heaved out a sigh from the brightness, "I'm glad that you like it, Kazu-san. You're even more energetic than I am."

"Haha! I might as well be like this when I speak to you, you're sad over that scene!" he pouted at my statement.

"You're so silly!" Nudging Kazu's arm, we started to snicker with each other.

"Ah, Riku-kun! What's your schedule? We need to prepare for when I finally merge my knowledge and intuition into you."

"Oh yeah!" I hesitate for a second before continuing, "Wait ... What do you mean?"

"I should explain, haha! It'll make it easier."

Kazu sat down in the sea of nothingness, and begged me to sit down along with him. It was quite the sight : it soaked into the boy's garments but he didn't mind, since he only ever existed spiritually.

After a few seconds of observing, I took my seat beside him to make him comfortable.

"So? What's the drawbacks and requirements?" Raising my arms behind my head, I tiredly layed in the liquid that somewhat embraced me.

"It's quite troublesome, really. Just mention 'Come out, Kazu' and boom, I'll instantly connected with you! Though, you must do this at least before you reach the stage. It takes at least 30 seconds in order for me to interfere, hehe."

Thrumming, I questioned half-heartedly, "Can you change the pupils to how my dear old brother's ones look like? Plus, you can slightly adjust the tint of my eye colour to yours. I admit it looks pretty."

Cocking his head to his left, Kazu frowned at me, "Hm? But, of course! Although ... Are you sure I should do it?"

"Hmm ... It'll just prove how I can professionally switch gears! In addition, show how quickly I learn."

"Then, I don't mind." he looks over to me with pain covering his face, "The drawbacks to it may be something you're not willing to do."

"It depends once I hear it, come on. Spit it out, Kazu-san!" I closed my eyes after feeling some sort of pride residing in myself.