Hated

Flashback

It' was my sixth birthay, I sat in the car with my mom, Carla Jäger and my dad Grisha Jäger, we wanted to celebrate my birthday in a park, this day should be a nice day with beautiful memories, but....

The car slipped and my dad couldn't control it anymore, my mom pushed me against her chest and she screamed: GRISHA..

"Mom, Dad!!" , I screamed while the car is falling down the hill. "I can't!!" My dad screamed too and I felt my mothers tears falling down on my face...

I can't remember what happened after that. I woke up in a hospital with bad injuries and a concussion, knowing, that my family is dead. I cried for days and I wanted to kill myself...

but sometimes in my dreams, I can hear a female voice, I think it's my mother, saying: Eren... You have to live!

Those words keep me alive, those words give me hope and those words are the last words from her.

Today I don't remember the faces of my parents, I forgot what they looked like or what kind of people they were, but I think they were nice people...

Unlike my foster parents..

After 2 weeks in hospital, I thought about what I can do after I lost my family, the words 'You have to live' confused me ( I was 6 and I didn't know anything about this world) I decided to run away because if I would stay in the hospital, the people there would bring me in a Orphanage.

An Orphanage... This isn't the life I wanted, so I ran away without knowing where I am or what I should do.

Suddenly two people grabbed and pulled me into a corner. "Ohh, look what I've found", the woman said. " Yeah, he's perfect"
"W-What do you w-want from me?", I cried a little and trembled. "Hey, you! Your name?" , the man yalled. "E-Eren", "Aha, where are you parents?" "Dead" .

Both of them laughed heartly.

"Perfect! Eren, you will be our son!" . I didn't know what I should say and cried a little. "N-No, that isn't right" . The man punched me. "WHEN I SAY THAT WE WILL ADOPT YOU, YOU WILL SAY: YES SIR!" .

The woman took a knife out and held it out to me by the throat.

"Y-Yes sir!". I tried to hold my tears back and trembled more.

"Good boy!" the man let me go. I fell down and he grabbed me by my arm. "Do you know, why you will come with us?"

I swallowed and shook my head.

"To be honest, we are criminals" . He laughed. "Yeah, and the police suspected us, after we stole money from others" , the woman said.

What kind of people are these people? They are criminals... I was scared.. more than before. What if they will kill me? Or what if they want me to steal?

" The police must think that we are a 'normal family', so we decided to adopt a child. Haha! Nice idea, right?" He smiled proud.

This is horrible.. to adopt a child to be unsuspected. But what could I do? I had nothing.. so I nodded.