Chapter 5

Martina's POV

"No, Tina! You can't wear that for your first meeting. How will your boss think about you?" Lily groaned and started searching through  my closet. How was I supposed to know how to dress for professional appointment when I have never been to one?

"Here. This is better." She showed me black tight dress that I bought because I really liked it. And it seemed perfect for this.
"I know you like it. It's modest, but sexy. You know what I mean?" I shook my head no, and didn't bother to think about it.

"Never mind. Let's get you dressed. You can wear this coat since it will be cold for you in that dress. And this heels are perfect." She commented while I was changing in the dress.

Once I was in a dress, she sat me down. Forcefully, may I add.
"Let's do your makeup." I widened my eyes immediately.
"No. I will just put a lipgloss and mascara. It's enough like that." I said, but I knew her wicked smile.
"Do you want to look like underaged with this baby face or do you want me to make you look like an adult?" She said. And she is right.

I really looked like I was sixteen and not eighteen. I let her do my makeup and I was happy that she didn't put a lot. But when she finished, I felt a lot more mature. But I felt so pretty and it made me happy.

"You look amazing, Tina. Maybe if you flirt with a boss, he can hire you right away." She teased me while I blushed. I'm going there strictly for a job, not for relationship. But I understand that she likes to tease me. Just wait, Lily. I will pay you back. I smiled to myself.

I slipped in my heels. They were uncomfortable at first, but my feet accomodated soon. She made me tight elegant ponytail and helped me to get a coat on. I looked so grown up.

"Do you think I did too much with this outfit?" I asked Lily with uncertainity.
"What are you talking about? You're gorgeous and smart. That boss will be stupid if he doesn't hire you." She said getting angry.
"Thank you. I hope he hires me." I said and gave her a hug before going downstairs.

My mom was working, but before she went she wished me good luck and gave me numerous of warnings. She should really stop worrying over every single thing. But I understand her. She is a mother first.

I called the cab and waited with Lily until cab picked me up. I was so nervous. My first job appointment. Will I succeed? I hope so. This opportunity is too good to be missed. I just need to be well behaved and be an adult. I can do that.

When driver stopped in front of a company, I felt like my legs would give out. I payed the fare and got out. I clutched my purse tightly in my hands and headed inside. Inside was so beautiful. Simple, but modern. I can't believe someone could build something so gorgeous.

I noticed a receptionist. It was an older woman as I got closer.
"Hello!" I said. She looked at me and smiled.
"I guess you're Miss Grey. You came even earlier. Well done. You can take the lift to the last floor." She kindly instructed me.
"Thank you." I smiled and rushed to take a lift just when it opened. I'm glad it was.

Before the door almost closed hand stopped it and they opened again. I looked up to see who was getting in and I couldn't believe my eyes. He stood next to me and the lift closed.
"Are you stalking me now, Mr. Hall?" I said, shocked.
"I—" I interrupted him before he started making excuses.

"I can't believe you. Why can't you just leave me alone? I don't think it's coincidence anymore. I don't know what are you up to, Mr. Hall, but please don't show up in front of me anymore." I rambled while he was looking at me confused. The door opened to my floor and I got out.

I saw a receptionist on this floor too and headed to ask her about my meeting.
"Hello! I came for the job appointment." I said, still a bit angry about our encounter from before.
"Martina Grey, 4 p.m.?" She asked me.
"Yes."
"You can go to the boss's office. He will come right after." I nodded and headed to the only door on this floor. I entered the office to find it empty. So I need to wait here.

I sat down on one of the chairs in front of a desk, because my feet started to hurt even if I didn't wear heels for that long. When I raised my eyes, I was surprised how nice boss's office was. It was really big.

There was a huge window which gave beautiful view of the city. I bet it's even more beautiful at night. Big wooden desk was in the middle of the office and big leather chair was on one of the sides where boss sits. I have never been in this kind of office.

I wondered how the boss looks like. Is he kind or strict like everybody talked about him? How does he treats his workers? Will he hire me afterall? I was so confused and in my thoughts that I didn't heard the door opening.

When the door opened, I got up from the chair. I knew it was the boss. I could feel his presence. I slowly turned around to have my mouth hung open. I messed up a big time.

"Hello, Miss Grey. Please close your mouth so the fly won't get inside." He smirked and sat on the chair in front of me. I gulped hard to supress tears from falling. How could I be so rude? And I embarassed myself.

"Won't you take a seat?" He motioned with his hand towards the chair.
"I'm really sorry. I understand if you don't want to hire me. I will go now." I sniffled and took my purse. I started going towards the door when his voice stopped me.

"Stop!" I turned around and looked at him.
"Take a seat." I looked at him confused, but listened anyway. I sat back in one of those comfy leather chairs. I couldn't look him in the eyes from guilt, so I looked at the stack of pens.

"What you said in the lift was our private matter. You didn't think of me as a boss and I didn't think of you as an employee. Alright?" He said and all I could do was nod. He reached over the table with a handkerchief in his hand.

"Here. No need to cry." He said. His voice was emotionless and cold. I took the handkerchief and wiped my tears.
"I'm really sorry for what happened before. I lashed my nervousness and fear on you. I'm really sorry." I said, finally able to look him in the eyes. My father always told me to look person in the eyes when I'm apologizing.

"I accept your apology. Let's switch on the professional mode." He said. I nodded my head.
"Why do you want to work as my personal assistant?"
"Well, my first reason is that I want to get some experience. And I want to become independent. I heard that the payment is good too so it's one of the reasons." I said and looked at him. He held his eyebrow raised in amusement. And I realized how that sounded.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to sound greedy or something, I just wanted to say that a payment is decent." I corrected myself, but it still didn't sound right. I wanted to hide in a hole and never come out. Could this day be more embarassing?

"I know what you meant. You don't have to worry. But maybe you should stop going red so much." He said.
"I thought I put foundation?" I asked myself. And realized I said that out loud. He bursted into a laugh. And was he gorgeous. With his peerly teeth and beautiful smile, he could get any woman swoon over him.

He calmed down, but soft smile still left on his face. His smile was contagious and I couldn't help but smile too.
"You're hired. Welcome to Rusell Corporation." He said. I almost fainted right there, but held myself on the chair. I was hired.

I got a job.