Chapter 13

Martina's POV

"Stop chattering with your teeth and come here." Mr. Hall said, impatiently. I think I was getting on his last nerve, but I couldn't care less. He literally wants me to snuggle with him. But that's embrassing.

"Are you really planning to freeze to death? Okay then." He shrugged and laid on the leaves he made as "a bed". How did he even came up with that idea? He really surprises me with his actions sometimes.

I pulled my knees to my chin and leaned my head on my knees. It was already dark and I was feeling really cold. I looked at him to see him already sleeping. He is literally in the woods with all these animals, and he can sleep peacefully? Something is definitely wrong with him.

I got startled when I heard an owl. I looked around to see nothing but darkness and trees shadows. It was really spooky. I'm lucky that I didn't get seizure yet. I jumped up when I heard leaves crooking. What is this all?

I got closer to Mr. Hall to check on him. He still slept peacefully. Well, that's great. I got in front of him and laid close to him. I instantly felt a little bit warmer. How can he make me feel protected when I'm close to him? This is strange to me.

He lifted up his arm and wrapped it around me. I was squished to his chest. I blushed bright red, but it wasn't noticeable.
"You're very stubborn." He said and opened his eyes.
"I know." I said.
"You need to fix that." He chuckled. I slighty pouted.

"Are you cold now?" He asked me.
"Not that much. Thank you." I said.
"For what? For being a body heater?" He teased me.
"If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be in this situation, Mister." I said.
"Why are you nagging at me again?" He groaned.

"I'm just speaking the truth. If you decided to have a normal relationship as a boss and assistant in the begining, that mafia guy wouldn't assume that we're are a couple. So basically, it's all your fault. I should've never come to your company. I should've never-" I was cut off when he slammed his lips on mine.

He kissed me softly before pulling away, leaving me shocked.
"Met you." I finished my sentence shocked. How could he kiss me?

"I had to silence you somehow. And I know, Martina. I know, my precious girl." He sighed and leaned his forehead on mine. I had butterflies in my stomach when he declared me as his. That beat happened again.

"I promise you with everything I have that you won't see me again when we get back home. Just please, forgive me for what I caused you. You'll get home safely and you will live your life like that." He explained and caressed my hair.

"Are you that desperate to leave me?" I said almost sobbing. He is telling me that he will leave because he wants to keep me safe. And why is my heart breaking at his words?

"Believe me when I say that this is the best for us."
"And since when do you know what's the best for me?" I asked him, getting angry.
"I know because I care about you."

"If you care about me then why you want to leave me so much?" I accidentally let out a sob. Tears already fell on my cheeks. I didn't hear any response instead felt his soft lips on mine again. I kissed him back without even thinking. I needed him.

Our lips molded together in a gentle kiss. I allowed him access when he inserted his tongue. I moaned at the new feeling. I wanted to kiss him every day like this. It was addictive.

He pulled away, leaving us in a breathless mess. I realized how deep our kiss was and blushed.
''You make me insane, baby.'' He whispered and kissed my forehead.
''You make me feel things that I shouldn't feel towards you.'' I said.

He chuckled and pulled me more in his hard, but warm chest. I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck and inhaled his delicious scent. It made me crave for him. I never felt like this towards anyone.

****

''Martina, wake up.'' I felt his rough hands caressing my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw that it was already a morning. I got up from the ground and shook leaves of me.

''We can go now. I'm sure that accident has been cleaned by now.'' He said. I nodded my head and started following him. I was wide awake by now.

I just wanted to come home soon and have a shower. My mom is probably worried about me. Knowing her, she will beat me up for missing. I just know her.

We were walking on the same path we ran yesterday. After a while, I saw a road in our sight. I almost beamed in happiness. Mr. Hall started carefully walking towards the road.

''There is nobody. We can go down the road.'' He said and took my hand. To say I was feeling butterflies was understatement. I loved how our hands fitted together. It gave me sense of warmth and security.

We started walking down the road in hope we see some car or gas station soon.
''Are you tired?'' He asked me after a while of walking. The truth was I was really tired. I was never this active in doing anything physical.

''Yes, a bit.'' I said, not making it dramatic. We stopped when he let go of my hand and crounched next to me.
''Climb on my back.''
''I will be heavy—'' I started but he cut me off.
''Just do it.''

I debated a little before wrapping my arms around his neck. He took a hold of my legs and got up. It was scary how high I was now. My arms gently stayed around his neck. I didn't want to choke him.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and started humming a song. I felt like a little child and I loved it. He was taking care about me which brought me a sense of love I wanted. I wanted to have a husband who will love me and take care of me like Mr. Hall does.

I know he is a lot older than me, but despite his age and my age, we somehow understand each other. I wondered what would people think when they see us? I mean, if we are ever going to be a couple which I'm sure we won't be one.

''Martina, there is a gas station.'' He said, happiness taking over his voice. I brought up my head fast and looked in front of us. There was really a gas station.

He let me down and took my hand. He is taking my hand like I will disappear from his side. I don't like when he is worried a lot or afraid.

We soon approached gas station. It was a little bit old. Door were opened and we found a man inside.
''Hello!'' Mr. Hall said.
''Hello! Do you need any help?'' He asked.
''Yes, actually. We need phone.''
''No problem. You can call from there.''

He pointed to the telephone box. Mr. Hall rushed over and typed in some number.
''Andres?'' The guy on the other side said something before Mr. Hall continued.
''Locate this gas station and come to pick us up.'' Mr. Hall said sternly. The guy on the other side agreed obviously when Mr. Hall hung down.

''They will be here soon.'' I nodded my head. We thanked to the man and got out. We were waiting in front of a gas station. I was finally going to be at home, but I'm afraid of consequeances when I actually come there.