Part 1~Cinnamon

' - Thoughts
"- Speech
*-Mumbles
(Edited 6•9•21)
(Edited 6•14•22)

This takes place after Karasunos first game with Nekoma. The game ended and It starts off right after the Team group up after the game.
______________________________________

Hinatas pov:

Coach Ukai just let us go. 'FINALLY! I can go home. I'm siked for the weekend'. I started walking to the bench to grab my bag, draping it over my shoulder.

Oh, I realized that Nekomas team was making their way outside to wait for their bus. Out of the group I tried to search for one specific person. After a quick search I spotted the specific second year I was looking for.

"KENMA!!!". I yelled trying to get the setters attention. He turned around quickly and greeted me as I ran to him, "Oh...Hello Shoyo". "You were amazing in that game! You were so cool!", I said to the domestic setter.

I heard Kenma mumble very quietly *Thank you Sho....* as he looked down, a slight rosy tint crossed his face. "Ahhh Kenma are you okay?" I said, 'Why was his face red, is he warm'. "Kenma are you sick? Or tired, I know you! (>^<)".

The short second year looked up and quickly uttered the words, "Ah, no sorry.". "Okay.." I said slowly, still worried.

Kenmas POV:

Was I blushing? I didn't even notice. Ugh what is happening to me. Since I met Shō I've been thinking of him non-stop. It's odd- I've barely known him, yet I feel so comfortable with him.

As I was quietly struggling with my thoughts I heard the short decoy try to strike up a conversation again, "Ummmm, watcha thinking about?"

"Ah, nothing", I quickly said looking away from his bright gaze. I didn't understand these odd feelings I had, usually at this point I would try to be running away from this conversation, but I felt oddly comforted by the redheads bubbly personality.

Once again Shoyo spoke up, "Your team is leaving soon, right?" "Yeah. when the bus gets here". The tangerines eyes lit up as an idea struck in his mind, making his excitement able to be seen from across the gym.

"Kenma-san can I have your number".
This startled me, but I tried to play it off cool, "Uhh- why?". "So I can text you later, dummy!" Shoyo said with a smile shining across his face, bright as the sun. This made my face warm up. "Oh- here.". I grabbed Hinatas phone out of his hand softly, and flicked through it till I found his contacts page.

"There... [(#-###)-###-####]" I said as I put my number in. "Thank you, Kenma-san!" I just nodded as he texted me; leaving a *ding* noise vibrating through my phone

RE: Shoyo Hinata
Subject: Hi!
Hi Kenma! <3

I smiled at the message and saved his contact under [Shoyo ☀️🧡]. He looked over my phone and smiled, " Yay! Now you can text me on the way home". I looked up at him and smiled, well, as much as I could.

I then heard Coach Nekomata yell, "Okay boys, the bus is almost here. All of you need to be outside now". *sigh* I didnt really want to leave yet, I wanted to be by Shoyo's side just a little bit longer.

"Hey, i'll walk you out" I heard over my shoulder. I just nodded and walked outside side by side with the small crow.

Hinatas POV:

Kenma and I walked outside, and then I noticed how damn cold it was outside. I forgot to bring my jacket as It was about 60° (Fahrenheit) when I went to school, but it dropped to 40° quickly.

I was shivering standing next to the cat-like boy waiting for his bus. I just wanted to stay by him so he wasn't so alone until the bus came, no one else tried to talk to him. They thought he was weird, but me? Quite the opposite.

I think Kenma noticed me shivering, as, without a word, he took his Nekoma hoodie off and handed it to me. "Why are you handing me this?" "I can tell you're freezing", Kenma said with a straight face.

I scratched my neck and giggled, *So I'm easy to read, ay?* with hesitation, I slipped it over my shoulders and put the hood over my head. I immediately warmed up.

"But wait, how am I going to give it back if your leaving in a little bit". Kenma still had a red tint on his face, but It became more intense as he replied, "just keep it until next time I see you". "BUT THAT COULD BE MONTHS!".

Kenma just chuckled hiding his mouth with his arm, "Yeah... I dont care. Not like I wear it besides games anyways...". I smiled and hugged Kenma, "Thank you!".

He just froze but I let go as Kuroo started to talk, "The bus is here. Come on, we have a long drive". I looked up at Kenma and started pouting, "Awww no fun. Remember to text me during the drive, okay?".

Kenma responded "okay" as he waved goodbye when he loaded onto the bus.

I waved until the bus was out of sight. There I was, standing alone in the cooled sunset. I went to grab my bike and started to ride. I pulled the sleeves of Kenmas hoodie past my wrist and pulled it up to my nose.

I took a deep breath

"It smells like cinnamon".....

_______________________________________

YES! I FINALLY FINISHED MY FIRST CHAPTER. If you're reading this thank you for reading my first story. I hope you like it so far. The cover is original art so please don't copy it. Okay thanks again! <3

This is so cute so far.
Words: 958