Part 2~ The ride home

'- Thoughts
"- Speech
*-Mumbles
(Edited 6•9•21)
(Edited 6•14•22)

Sorry I haven't published I haven't been motivated but I really want to do this! Hopefully this is adequate for how long you've waited.
_______________________________________

Kenma's POV:

As I sat down next to the window Kuroo followed me and sat down next to me. I waved to Shoyo till we were out of sight. Unknowingly, a small smile washed over my face.

"Oh ho ho~ what's that smile for. Wait wait wait let me guess....... you got a crush. AwWw you're all grown up now!". I snapped out of my day-dreaming, shocked by what Kuroo was accusing me of. "N-NO!" *why would you think that.....*.

I pondered what Kuroo was suggesting, 'I wouldn't like anyone, I can't even talk to anyone without backing out..... and besides, I'm not even gay. I think'. I shook myself. 'No, thats obscure. I can't be gay'

Then realizing I zoned out again I snapped back to Kuroo waving his hand in front of my eyes. "Earth to Kenma". This made me annoyed. "What", The rooster's face projected a smirk, "Ohhhhh so it's true. So who is it! Could it be.... The short libero? ... The one with glasses, or wait hmmm OMG!".

He almost yelled this making me flinch. I hate loud sounds, "No. Can you just shut up? I dont like any of them". Nekoma's captain cocked his eyebrow, "Could it be the tangerine? you seemed to take a certain liking to him earlier~".

My face turned red, "NO. Can you stop! I don't like him. I'm not even gay.... " I said. "Well "ken-ken,". He said mockingly, he knows I hate that nick-name, "You've never really dated a girl, not even taken an interest in one as far as I know.

'Well sh*t he's right. I never was attracted to any girls in school. Never even interacted with them'. "Look I just don't want to talk about it now! So If you'll excuse me, I'll be on my phone, playing a game".

"Oh-ho-ho! Feisty! Fine I won't interrogate you.... for now". Kuroo snickered as I just rolled my eyes.

Hinata's POV:

The door shut behind me, I ran upstairs slamming my door behind me, "SORRY MOM!" I yelled. My bag was placed on my desk.

I layed on my bed curling up into a ball. I put my nose into my sleeve once again and breathed in steadily, a smile spread over my face. It clicked in my mind, 'what am I doing? Is this weird?' My smile melted as I questioned myself.

I needed to get these thoughts out of my head, they felt unnatural to me. I grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom. I took my clothes off and stepped into the shower. As the warm water clashed against my body I felt a sense of relaxation.

The warm steam and quiet environment gave me time to think, 'His sweater gave me such comfort. This isn't the same as just borrowing a sweatshirt from someone like Kageyama. It feels special somehow. Like a birthday gift. Even if it is just temporary'. My thoughts clouded my head, I just decided to ignore this.

My hand turned the handle all the way to the right, stepping out and drying myself off. After short thought I decided to slip the Cat-like boys hoodie over my body again, only changing shorts. Even though I wore it in the cold, it felt oddly snuggly.

I ruffled my wet hair and plopped back down onto my bed. *bored...bored...bored...borrrrreeeddd.....* Oh! Yeah! I forgot that I got Kenmas number. I typed up a message, my heart skipped a beat as I sent it.

Re:《Shoyo <3》
Sub: Hi!
Hey Kenma! How's the drive going so far? Who you sitting by! I'm bored hbu? I hope you're good. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・☆

3rd Person POV:

The notification sound rang through the setters headphones. He switched pages to Imessage and responded.

Re:《Shoyo <3》
Sub: Hi!
Hey Kenma! How's the drive going so far? Who you sitting by! I'm bored, hbu? I hope you're good. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・☆

Re: 《Kenma-san (ᵔᴥᵔ)》
Sub: Hello
Hey Shoyo. its okay I guess. I'm by Kuroo, though he's being annoying. I'm doing okay, just playing Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. But better now that im talking to you. You got home already right?

Re:《Shoyo <3》
Sub: Home :)
Yeah! I got home about 20 mins ago, took a shower. Just laying in my bed now. Also I've never heard of that game, well I have heard of the franchise. I played the old games on the DSI. :>

Re: 《Kenma-san (ᵔᴥᵔ)》
Sub: Cool
Oh cool, I did play those too. This version is on the app store, so you can play anywhere. It's really easy. You should try it.

Re:《Shoyo <3》
Sub: Sleepies
Yeah ill try it! I'll go download it now :) But my mom told me to put down my phone to go to sleep so I'll check it out in the morning, night night Ken-Ken. <3

Re: 《Kenma-san (ᵔᴥᵔ)》
Sub: Goodnight
Okay, talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight Shoyo <3

Kenma's POV:

He used my nic-name, the one I hated so much. But if felt so much more natural coming from him than someone else to me. Whatever... that's fine then I guess. I won't try to stop him from using it, but only he can.

My mind was fogged for the rest of the drive. I tried to play my game but I couldn't concentrate. I decided to place my phone down and try to close my eyes, I didn't say anything as to not alarm Kuroo. I fell asleep waking up at the school with a strange sense of anxiety wavering over me.

Hinata's POV:

I placed my phone on my side table and smashed my head into my pillow. 'My mom didn't even tell me that... why did I lie?' My heart beat quickened, forcing me to catch my breath.

I racked my mind trying to find a solution...

The one I came to wouldn't be much of a help to me though-
_______________________________________

I know that this took so long, I hope it was worth it! School has been kicking my butt, so I've been very stressed out recently. I'm so excited for this. Love ya! Give me some ideas for what to do or just comment whatever <3
_______________________________________

words: 1079