chapter four

Penny

Connor's hands are glued to my hips as I spin in his arms, his chest rises and falls against my back as I move against his body. I am slowly losing control in this moment, with the music and Connor's hands on my hips. We continue to grind to the music as I throw my head back and laugh at the pure euphoria of this place.

I feel his breath on the shell of my ear as he whispers, "You look so beautiful tonight," He nips the top of my ear before kissing just below, the sensation tingling down to my toes.

I smile as I arch my back and bend my head further up to capture his mouth onto mine. We begin to move in sync to the music, my whole body now flush against his, I feel his hands roaming all over me and weirdly enough I don't care, I like it. Maybe its this place, but all my cares seem to be out the window, I don't remember my troubles as I dance with Connor. All I feel is the happiness building inside me.

My hands slither up his back and into his sandy blonde hair, I tighten my grip on his roots and pull, causing a low rumble to come up the back of his throat as he nips my bottom lip. He kisses along my jaw, down my neck towards a sensitive spot between my neck and shoulder, I shudder as he nips and licks. He pressed more tiny kisses to my skin leading back up to the corner of my mouth.

"It's about time!" Brooke yells from behind us her voice carrying over the music.

I spin so quickly that it throws Connor off balance and he stumbles back a few steps.

Brooke laughs her eyes lighting up under the low light. She winks and wiggles her eyebrows at me, making me want to giggle and tell her everything. But before I can say anything she holds out her hands and two small blue pills sit in her palm.

I raise my eyebrows at her.

"I got them from over there" She nods her head towards a discreet counter that has a shady man sitting out front.

"Looks sketchy," I say.

Brooke laughs, her head falling backward, "This whole place is the definition of sketchy, just take them! Jules has been here plenty of times, says they help you have a good time, and really get lost in music. You know that groovy shit we see in the movies!"

I take the small pill between my fingers, bringing it closer to examine it, "who is Jules?"

"That cute girl with the bob," She points to where a petit girl is dancing, her head back eyes closed, she sways along to the music a satisfied smile gracing her lips.

"It must be similar to molly, you must've heard about that drug before," Connor shrugs and takes the pill out of Brooke's hand, quickly popping it onto his tongue, his eyes grow wide a few seconds later and he smiles lazily, "Feels like heaven."

Live a little, my subconscious tells me. What the fuck, I pop the pill swallowing it whole. Brooke's eyes light up as she grabs my hand and twirls me around. She lets go and I spin and spin out on the dance floor. the world falling away and all I can focus on is the heat shooting through my body and the music.

The music feels like it's a part of me, it runs through my blood, I twirl and lift my arms over my head shaking my hips to the rhythm.

We spend a good part of the night getting lost in the music and not even thinking about the crowds around us. Everyone seems together in this moment as one heartbeat.

-

The buzz is slowly fading as I stop by the side with a glass of water in my hands, I take small sips looking out at the crowd. Then I feel it, all of a sudden all I can think about is my bladder and the pressure of needing to pee.