Pole

His hands twitched. He wanted nothing more than to reach forward and touch her. Her skin looked soft and smooth and he was dying to run his hands all over her. But he was a rule follower - and the rule was no touching. He kept his hands by his side, clenching his fists whenever the temptation to touch her would get stronger. He tried to play it cool but he was losing all resolve. His eyes stayed trained on the way her hips moved and the way her ass perched perfectly on his lap. She was perfect. He had a running list in his mind of things he wanted to do to her and none of them were okay to do publicly. Feeling his pants begin to tighten, he cleared his mind as much as he could. As much as he wanted this girl, he couldn't let himself get too excited. He was still at a table of his friends and he knew they'd never let him live it down if they saw the tent in his jeans. The dance ended and he felt a major sense of loss when she stood up and left, making her way to the other side of the club.

"Jesus, dude...that girl is insane," one of his friends commented.

"Shit, I might have to call her back over here and get a dance for myself," another said. Shawn could feel that his palms were sweaty. He was borderline embarrassed that this girl could get under his skin as much as she could. He replayed the moment over and over again in his mind as the night went on. Even as he watched her dance on stage he couldn't help but notice that it paled in comparison to having her right in front of him.

The experience replayed again later that night as he laid alone in his bed, his hand firmly stroking his stiff length until the memory of the way her body moved against his became too much and he found his release. Part of him felt dirty and gross afterwards. Not because of what he had done, but the way he thought about her while he did it. Sure she had crossed his mind in situations like that before, but his imagination had never run quite as wild with ideas and images of her as it did this time. He cleaned himself up and collapsed in his bed, exhausted from a long day and an even longer night.

Camila woke up the next morning ready to face the day. She had made a solid chunk of cash at the club the night before and now she had the entire day off of work of any kind. She spent her morning sipping tea and working on an idea for a painting that had been looming in the back of her mind all week. She had moved her easel to her balcony to enjoy the fresh morning air and the sunrise as she painted. A lingering voice in the back of her head kept reminding her about what had happened at the club the night before but she willed herself to silence it every time. Jenna was right; she was simply an employee doing her job and Shawn just happened to be one of her customers. There's no shame in that. She continued effortlessly gliding the bristles of her paintbrush over the canvas until she heard a knock at her front door echo out into the balcony. She set down her brush and made her way back inside.

"Jenna?" she asked in surprise when she opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

"How tall are your ceilings?" Jenna pushed past Camila and made her way into the apartment carrying a long rectangular box.

"What? What does that have to do with anything?"

"I bought this pole to install at my place but my ceilings are too high and it doesn't adjust tall enough to fit. It should work in here though. I can help you install it, it's pretty easy."

"I may be a stripper, Jenna, but I wouldn't consider myself a 'stripper-pole-next-to-the-bed' kind of girl," Camila chuckled.

"Put it in the living room!"

"It's a studio apartment, Jen. The living room is the bedroom."

"Shit," the blonde cursed as she looked around. "Look, I'm not saying you have to...I'm just saying it's nice to be able to practice sometimes. I had one at my old place and loved it so much which is why I ordered another one. My dumb ass just couldn't order the right size, apparently." Camila looked around her apartment and sighed. She did kind of like the idea of having a practice pole at her place.

"Alright...what about over there?" Camila pointed at space near her couch that currently housed a giant bean bag chair and an array of fuzzy blankets. "I can just move that stuff."

"It's perfect!"

Camila moved the huge bean bag chair and blankets over near her bed as Jenna began unboxing the pole. It was surprisingly easy to put together - in fact, they had it up and ready to go in no time at all. Jenna took an inaugural spin on the pole to show the small brunette that it was indeed safe before letting Camila test it out herself.

"Alright...I've gotta admit, I already love it," Camila laughed as she dropped down from the pole.

"Now you've just gotta hope and pray that your boss doesn't decide to drop by and say hi, right?" Jenna laughed.

"Oh god, that'd be a nightmare," Camila agreed. "I'd just tell him I really want to be a firefighter one day and need to practice sliding down the fire station pole."

"That'll definitely be believable!" Both of the girls were laughing hard as they continued coming up with ridiculous excuses she could use to explain why her apartment was equipped with a stripper pole - aside from the fact that she actually was a stripper, of course. "Do you think you'll ever tell him?" Jenna asked.

"I mean...does he really need to know? It would only make things weird, I think."

"Would it? I mean you clearly have him wrapped around your finger...well, more like your ass, I guess...but still! You could easily have him if you just confess that it's actually you he drools over every weekend."

"And who says I want him?" Camila asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"You expect me to actually believe you aren't attracted to that greek god of a human specimen? You're hilarious."

"I mean I'm not blind, Jenna. He's obviously attractive...I'm just not really looking for anything right now," Camila said with a shrug. "Even if I was I honestly don't think anything would come from it even if he did know it was me. You seem to be forgetting that he's my boss. Seems kinda like inappropriate workplace behavior, doesn't it?"

"Oh, so you wanna do things that are inappropriate with him?" Jenna smirked. "I see how it is."

"How did you manage to turn that against me somehow?"

"I didn't do anything!" Jenna threw her hands up in surrender. "You incriminated yourself. I just pointed it out."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

The two friends said their goodbyes and Jenna left. Camila made her way back out onto her balcony to continue the painting she had been working on. Her mind flooded with thoughts and endless what-ifs. What if she told him? What if he knew? What would happen? How would he react? Did she want him? Did he want her?

She didn't have a solid answer to any of the questions that echoed through her mind. All she knew was that dancing for him made her feel like she was on top of the world and she desperately wanted to feel that way again.