8.2 Anthony

And they must pay.

Despite so, Kaeya knew he shouldn't act in haste. Thus, further did he ask Amber. "Where did you last see her?"

"Um, near Springvale, sir! At first, I thought she was walking with a friend. But, when I sneaked closer, she was actually being carried, asleep. He entered an area full of hilichurls camped around as if they... They're guarding it! They looked like they were positioned well in case an ambush would to happen! I... I tried to help but there was just too many of them!"

The man began marching forward and to the city gates. "Take care of the city while I'm away."

"Where are you going?!"

"There."

Questioning Kaeya's methods would never be the right thing as most of the time, being the brains of the team, he never fails. To her dismay, of not wishing to become a hindrance to her superior's plans, she chose to follow, and roamed around the city to make sure no more problems would be arising today.

Then, there she saw a little girl with beautiful pair of purple eyes who looked like she wasn't from here. Offered a hand she did, and began showing her around, as Outrider Amber would.

Upon Kaeya's arrival in the area of Springvale, no camps nor hilichurls were found. Judging from the looks of Amber earlier, he knew she wasn't lying. Thus, he proceeded further.

Whilst in place, he focused his Vision elsewhere to find elemental signs as according to your intel, odd men recently were using delusions, one that functions the same as Vision but not a gift from a god.

His assumption wasn't wrong.

A barricade of rocks that blended well with the others were highlighted keenly upon the use of Vision.  Kaeya approached it with caution, thereafter breaking it with the help of his Cryo element. It broke off, and gave him a pathway leading inside.

The centre of where the man had taken you wasn't far as echoes of your struggles could be heard through out the place. "Shush, woman! If you think talking to me like this would get you anywhere, you better think again! And even if you did, it's not like that'd help you get out from here anyway...," then, a devilish laugh was released, seemingly piercing through you.

It annoyed you but more because you couldn't save yourself.

If only Kaeya was here...

You looked down, and frowned to yourself. However, before you could even contemplate of happy memories before you die right on this spot, the same man from earlier began approaching you with an injection on his hand, a smirk across his lips. You convinced yourself that this wasn't what you think it was. "What are you... W-What do you plan to do...?!"

"Oh, guess," his grip tightened around your arm, preventing you from escaping.

"No! Let me go! I don't want that!" And as he moved closer, you couldn't do nothing but call for that cavalry captain's name. "Kaeya...," you sobbed. "Kaeya...! Kaeya!"

"Give it a rest. No one's coming for y--" right before you, specifically into his body, a spike of ice came through, killing him in an instant, and dropping the injection he was holding. He managed to say "How...," before actually passing away.

Your widened eyes watched the man dissipate, and soon revealing another that you called for earlier.

He gave you a smile, something that seemed gentler and more sincere from before. Albeit still feeling all the pain from the enemy not long ago, they felt like they had been washed away immediately when Kaeya, even alone, came to rescue you.

Though you were in the middle of a serious situation, Kaeya, of course, still found a way to make a joke out of it, only after wiping your tears away. "If you wanted to call for me, you could have done it sooner."

With dirtied face, and still slightly sobbing and recovering from the cry you did, you composed your response. "What, you were actually hiding somewhere and waiting for me to call your name?! What if I never did? You wouldn't save me?"

He chuckled. "Of course not. I was kidding," as he cleared his intentions, he released you from being tied, and quickly captured you in his arms. You felt his warm embrace, of how soft and careful he held you. It had such been a long time since the last you had this with him; you savoured it, and let him caress your face a little while longer.

At the spot where the man, Kaeya would guess, slapped you, was the exact spot where he caressed your face, and from the corner of your eyes, you saw him click his tongue. He's annoyed.

You wanted to banter with him but this wasn't definitely the time. You cupped his face in hopes to calm him down; though you're certain that he wouldn't forget what happened so easily. "Hey, it's been a long time since the last time I saw that face. Don't be. What matters is I'm safe, right?"

He sighed, a cue that he dropped the issue.

You smiled, assured. "Really thank you for coming after me. I really wouldn't know what to do if you didn't," you turned to him. "I think they're using people as vessels for their experiments about Delusion. That serpent of fire might also be one. Information is still lacking."

"We need to get you to the cathedral and make sure that you get healed," remarked Kaeya. "When you're feeling all right, we can talk about it again but while you're resting, I'll go around and talk to the people to see if they know something," on his arms he carried you, and gave you that gentle curve across his lips once more.

"I-I can walk," you fought back but Kaeya stubbornly refused to let you down.

"I will let you walk once we're back at the city."

It was embarrassing to be seen being carried by a Knight as you entered the City of Freedom while as well becoming one of the talks of the crowd, believing that you were a part of the mess with the serpent of fire earlier, but you had to bear with it because Kaeya wouldn't listen to you anyways.

"Why, embarrassed?" He spoke whilst attention was focused on the road leading to the cathedral.

"...Shut up."

"Should I call you princess from now on then?"

"I said shut up!"

You heard him chuckle but you just sighed it off. Fighting with him wouldn't take you anywhere, anyway.