Chapter 20: Pirates Vs. Ninja

The Ninja have begun training Lloyd, Jay tripped and fell on top of Aria who was just sitting in the corner reading a book. This happened several times where everyone kept knocking into her.

"THAT'S IT" Aria screams

She slams her book shut and stands up, making all the male ninjas freeze in fear

"hehe ...sorry" Jay laughs nervously

"Out!" Aria shouts

Kai looks at her "but-"

"OUT" Aria screams

The ninja all pile out the door before she slammed it shut

"whoops" Cole sweat drops

"never bother Aria while she's reading" Lloyd shivered

"noted" Zane says

-

Aria was brought to a dojo that the ninja said they were able to borrow from a man named Dareth. Wu had instructed them to bring her so he could train her. The ninja stood in the main Dojo training Lloyd while Wu brought Aria into one of the private rooms.

"Great just what I needed" Aria looks annoyed "another small room"

"One on one training is what you need" Wu sips his tea "you said you were nervous about hurting the other ninja, I thought training away from them would calm your nerves"

"well now I'm just afraid of hurting you" Aria sighs

"Let's begin" Wu smiles "first, demonstrate your spinjitzu. I'm sure you can at least do this"

"of course" Aria smiles

She takes her stance and does spinjitzu, her purple color was well defined. She stopped and faced Wu.

Wu nods "very good, see that wasn't hard was it?"

"of course not, you've taught me how to use spinjitzu since I was 7" Aria says happily

"and what does that tell you?" Wu asks

"...huh?" Aria looks confused

"your capability to do spinjitzu reflects your will as a ninja" Wu tells her

"what does spinjitzu have to do with me being a ninja?" Aria questions "sensei Garmadon and Misako can do spinjitzu"

"ah that is true, but spinjitzu can only be mastered by those will the will" Wu sips his tea "if you have the will to learn then mastering such a technique will not be hard"

"you're saying I was able to master spinjitzu.. because I wanted to?" Aria asks confused

"precisely" Wu nods "when you became my pupil all those years ago you wanted to master spinjitzu, their were many times you failed and you were frustrated with yourself. Many times you just walked off and went to bed, but I would always wake up in the middle of the night to see you practicing" Wu chuckles "even your mother had caught you training when you were supposed to be sleeping"

"mama did?" Aria looks at him surprised

"yes" Wu smiles "Layla would always scold you when she found you, then you would run off to bed, but she would always tell me how proud she was of you"

A tear fell down Aria's cheek and she quickly wiped it away

"After your mother had passed away it seemed as though your aspirations to become a ninja had passed with her" Wu says sadly "Layla was a good friend of mine, to see you sad was upsetting for both me and my brother. That is why we took you is, because you are the legacy of Layla and your father, they want you to live on and so do I."