2

I sighed, staring down at the ring in my hand. It was my grandmother's wedding ring, given to me before she passed away. Besides Noah, she was the only person who cared about me, but her old age made it impossible for her to have taken me in and raise me. She wanted to, since she knew how my mother, her daughter in law, was.

I set the ring back in its box, tucking it inside my mattress for safe keeping. If my mother ever found it, she would sell it to buy more beer and cigarettes, so I kept it hidden where she would never look--in my bedroom. After the fight with Sarah, Noah and I apologized to the baker and left. Noah wanted to come home with me, but he was called into duty because of a noise complaint nearby.

So here I was, alone in my room and sulking.

I stood up, pulling on my sweater and sneaking out my room. My mother was asleep in her bedroom, the door cracked ajar. I krept past her door and made my way to the apartment door, slowly opening and closing it behind me. The hallway was quiet, as expected in the middle of the night.

I descended the two flights of stairs and exited the building, rubbing my hands together to generate warmth. The chilly winter air bit at my skin as I walked down the sidewalk, keeping to the shadows. I didn't want Noah to spot me while he was on night patrol. If he did, he would annoyingly insist I return home until I gave in and followed his order. I didn't want to return home, though. I hated it there. I hated the way my mother treated me. I hated my father for leaving me. And now I hated Sarah for cheating on me and her fiancé.

My life was a mess.

"Meow!"

I stopped in my tracks, turning towards the dark alley. A cat? I wondered, taking a step closer.

"Meow!" A fluff of white walked out from the dark alley, ears pointed up as it stuck its nose in the air and sniffed. Its tail curved upwards, the cat smiling. "Meow!"

My heart melted. I was a sucker for fluffy cats, and this one was the definition of irresistibly adorable.

"How cute!" I cooed, dropping to my knees to pet the little fur ball. "What's your name?"

The cat looked up, glancing past my shoulder. It meowed at something there.

I turned to see what it was, but a loud bang sounded as something hard collided against my head. I dropped to the ground, my vision going black.

~<<>>~

"Mmm..." I groaned, feeling my head pound as I came to. My body ached as I opened my eyes, peering past the bright light that filtered in through the lace curtains. The pink satin covers felt too comfy to leave, but I forced myself up, glancing over the room. "Where...am I?"

I pushed away the covers, gasping when I saw the baby blue chemise with lace trimming and--oh my god--satin panties I was wearing. I scrambled off the bed, spinning around and around as I took in the nightmare I was in. Pink everywhere.

"Ahhhhh!" I covered my mouth, lost for words. Where the hell am I?!

The door opened, a familiar man pokng his head inside. "Ah, you're awake!" He grinned, entering the room. "I hope you like your bedroom. I did it myself."

"Uhh... My clothes?" I found myself asking.

"I got rid of them since you won't need them anymore. Do you like your chemise?"

"Uhh..." It was comfortable--but still! "Where am I? And why d-did you kidnap me?"

The man's smile widened. "Where are you? You're home, cupcake!"