7

30th June (continued)

Jin was pacing in his office, coffee in hand. He'd been doing it for the last twenty minutes whilst Ken was downstairs sorting out the interview room and waiting for Yongguk's lawyer to arrive.

"What are you doing?" Ken asked, materialising behind him.

"Thinking."

"Of what?"

"What to ask Bang Yongguk," Jin replied.

Ken nodded, understanding how hard questioning someone was, and how deeply Jin needed to dig to get answers. They didn't have long to question him, as they could only legally keep him in without a charge for 24 hours and they doubted they'd get much useful information out of him. "Don't think too much about it, hyung. Just let it flow like you normally do. If he has something he's hiding, he'll crack eventually."

Jin stated flatly at his friend and colleague. "Ken, from what we've heard from Chanyeol, I don't think Bang Yongguk has ever 'cracked'. He's not going to start in police custody. He's double sided, like all these crooked businessmen."

The pair headed downstairs to where Yongguk was ready and waiting in the interview room. He looked calm and unfazed by the situation, which was never a good sign for an interview, as it meant he probably had a cover story for whatever they were going to ask him, but they had been fully expecting it. They sat down and Ken switched on the tape.

Jin introduced everyone around the table for the sake of the recording and then commenced with the interrogation. "So, Bang Yongguk. Do you recognise these photos?" He opened his file and spread out photocopies of the pictures so that Yongguk and his lawyer could see.

Yongguk's eyes flicked over them, widening significantly, then narrowing again as he leaned back in his chair, remaining stubbornly calm. How had they known where to look for these photos? "I do," he replied evenly. "Although I wasn't aware that you were searching through my things as well as Suga's. Did your warrant specify that?"

Jin slid a piece of paper across the desk to the businessman. "As you can see, our warrant covers the entire property, your belongings are on the property, therefore we searched it. Anyway, Yongguk-ssi, did you personally put the photos in that drawer in your office?"

"I did," Yongguk nodded.

"So, you don't deny that these photos belong to you?" Jin asked, frowning at how this interview was going exactly like he thought it would. Too smoothly. Clearly he'd already had time to come up with the perfect cover story.

"They do belong to me."

"Who took these photos?"

"I hired someone," Yongguk replied plainly. He definitely knew what he was doing, Jin thought to himself, why else would he be so honest? Unless he had nothing to hide?

"Why did you hire someone to take photos of Kim Soyi?"

"I knew that she was sneaking off with someone else and I knew Suga wouldn't believe me unless I had proof, so I had her followed. The photos were not intended for anyone other than Suga."

"Has Suga seen these?" Jin asked.

Yongguk shook his head. "Not that I know of. I never found the right time to tell him. But who reported them to you?"

"You know we can't tell you that, Yongguk-ssi," Ken pointed out, but Jin was curious.

"Why do you want to know?" Jin asked. Didn't Yongguk know who had turned him in?

Yongguk frowned. "Because I never told anyone about them, so whoever it was that found them, won't have been looking for them, and they were snooping in my office without my permission."