22

9th July (continued)

Yoongi had discovered a flaw in their plan. After they'd departed the ferry and started driving - Yoongi still at the wheel - he'd suddenly wondered how they were going to book a hotel with his disguise, especially since hotel staff no doubt watched the news and could easily recognise his face. He voiced his concerns to Jimin, but before the younger could reply, his phone rang. Namjoon's name flashed across the screen and he chuckled.

"Probably wants to know where the hoover is because he's a clean freak," he joked as he slid the button to accept the call. "Hey Joonie. How's the holiday going?"

"Jimin, where are you?" Namjoon asked urgently, ignoring Jimin's question and sounding weirdly worried.

"Uh, why?" Jimin asked in confusion.

"Yoongi's dangerous, you have to get away," Namjoon urged in a low voice, as though he was worried that Yoongi was listening into the conversation.

"Um..." Jimin stammered, thinking about how to tell Namjoon that he'd known about Yoongi's secret all along. Thankfully, he didn't need to.

Namjoon groaned. "Don't tell me you fucking knew this whole time?"

"I might have?" Jimin chuckled sheepishly, smiling at Yoongi when he cast a curious glance his way.

"For fuck's sake, Jimin. What are you trying to do? If it's to get yourself killed, then congratulations, you're well on your way."

"It's not like that!" Jimin protested weakly. When he was angry, Namjoon always managed to overpower him and make him feel like a child that had been caught pinching his little sibling.

"Oh really? So you're not on the run with a fugitive murderer right now?"

Jimin's brows creased angrily. "He's not a murderer!"

Yoongi glanced over in a panic and quickly pulled over to the side of the road.

"His face is all over the news, Jimin. How do you explain that?" Namjoon snapped.

"He didn't do it! He's innocent!"

"And you believe him?!" Namjoon laughed in disbelief. "I can't believe you fell for his manipulative lies."

"I believe him, and I trust him, Namjoon. I don't care whether you do," Jimin looked at the worried Yoongi and smiled reassuringly.

Yoongi shook his head, not buying it. "Give me the phone, Jimin. I want to talk to him."

Jimin reluctantly handed the phone over to Yoongi, who immediately put the phone up to his ear. "Hey, Namjoon."

"YOU BASTARD!" was the greeting he received in reply and was so loud that he had to hold the phone away from his ear.

"Yes, I know I'm a bastard, and I'm sorry."

He could hear Namjoon's angry ragged breaths down the phone, like a bull seeing red and getting ready to charge. "You swore you'd look after him."

"And I will."

Namjoon scoffed. "You call this looking after him?! Your idea of looking after him is going to get him arrested or killed!"

"I know, and I'm genuinely sorry, but he's safer here with me than he would be at home with his mother," Yoongi explained, aware that his words were falling on deaf ears.

"You're the one who put him in danger in the first place!" Namjoon sighed, trying to calm himself down. "Look, this has to stop now. Bring him safely to me and leave him here."