28

12th July (continued)

After spending two and a half hours drying off, although Yoongi's wig was still damp, Yoongi and Jimin left their hiding place and tentatively headed back through the ship towards the car, passing couples and families as they walked. Yoongi tried desperately to hide his face with his sunhat, but he felt conscious that his walk wasn't going to look very feminine, and he needed to be convincing to throw Himchan and the guys off the scent. He clutched Jimin's hand tightly, feeling oddly vulnerable now that he had shown his emotional side to someone, and he received a gentle squeeze in response. The buzz in his stomach from their kiss hadn't still subsided for either of them, and there was a spring in their step which definitely hadn't been there when they'd left the car a few hours before.

From the exit doors, Jimin noticed Himchan and Jongup standing only a few metres away from their car and tugged Yoongi's hand urgently. "Do you think they've found us?" He whispered as they hung back and watched from behind the wall.

Yoongi didn't reply to that - his eyes were stuck on the two figures by the car instead. He watched as Jongup peered through the windows of the car, checking its contents to find anything linked to Suga. He was sure he'd left the handbag Kihyun had given him to go with the dress on the seat, which would hopefully throw them off. Sure enough, Jongup shook his head and Yoongi saw his lips move as he spoke to Himchan.

"I don't think it's this one, hyung-nim," Yoongi read Jongup's lips. What a suck-up, Yoongi scoffed to himself. If he ever got control of his company back, the first thing he would do was kick Jongup out.

When he'd joined the company two years ago, as a fresh-faced nineteen-year-old with a massive fortune from his corrupt police chief father who was in prison, Yoongi had seen a talented young man (with a lot of money) who could invest in his company and help them to reach the same heights as EXO, and he hadn't been wrong. What he had been wrong about, however, was Jongup's loyalty. He was too much like his father and only looked after one thing: himself. If something didn't make him any money, he wasn't interested - clearly Yongguk and Himchan had promised Jongup more money in order to buy his loyalty, but it wouldn't have been difficult.

Himchan seemed to be satisfied with Jongup's assessment of the car and nodded, moving away, followed closely by his new minion. Yoongi turned to Jimin, his heart jumping as he realised that Jimin's face was closer than he'd thought, and for a moment they were frozen, eyes wide, each staring into the other's soul. Yoongi blinked suddenly and remembered where they were, coughing awkwardly and pulling away, but not letting go of Jimin's hand.

"Come on. Let's get in the car whilst they're not looking," he led the student to the car, praying that Himchan and Jongup wouldn't turn around and spot them as they weaved between the cars on the deck towards their own.

They slid into the front seats with a relieved sigh and Yoongi couldn't help the chuckle that erupted. Jimin frowned in confusion. "Why are you laughing?"

"I don't know," Yoongi laughed quietly, careful not to be too loud in case Himchan and Jongup heard. "It's just funny, isn't it? All this running away and hiding, and we've been on the same boat this entire time. They can't be that good at hunting if they didn't even realise that this was the right car."

"True," Jimin allowed himself to smile slowly, partially because hearing Yoongi laugh was like a medicine for his fears, and also because Yoongi was right. They'd made it back to the car unnoticed, and he'd thought that would be impossible only moments ago.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the ferry will be docking shortly, please return to your vehicles ready to disembark," a voice announced over the tannoy.