24

11th July (continued)

Himchan and the rest of B.A.P were eating together in the hotel restaurant, although it wasn't enjoyable for anyone except Himchan, whose meal was being paid for by his friend, the owner of the hotel. The rest of them were paying for their own food, and it wasn't exactly cheap. Zelo was disgusted at the prices they charged for such tiny little meals - there was one small steak on his plate with gravy delicately swirled around it, not even on it, and he'd paid 100,000 won for it!

Himchan had found a car that he thought belonged to the pair and it was currently in Jeju, so the next morning, they were going to drive to Jeju. "We're leaving at 6AM so we'll meet in the lobby for that time," Himchan told the men as he finished clearing his tiny plate of food and folded his napkin neatly on the edge of the plate. "I'm going to the toilet," he announced, standing up and shedding his jacket, before heading off to the bathroom.

Zelo, who was sitting next to him, silently turned his eyes to the jacket on the chair. Jimin's number was still in there, he was sure of it. He glanced around the table to see who was looking, but they were all engrossed in their own discussions, so he risked it. His hand slid into the pocket, hidden under the table, and he tried to look unsuspicious as he roamed around for the paper. He felt the sharp edge of the note and closed his fingers around it, drawing it out slowly so as not to be noticed. He froze as he looked up and noticed Youngjae's eyes on him warily. At Zelo's fleetingly panicked expression, he gave him a sympathetic stare and looked away, turning back to his conversation with Daehyun and Jongup.

Zelo's brows creased as he pulled his phone out of his own pocket and took a picture of the note under the table. All the while, trying to figure out why Youngjae didn't betray him. Since being blackmailed, he'd been on Yongguk's side, hadn't he?

"Oi, put your phone away at the table, maknae," Jongup warned, noticing the youngest member's concentration focused on his lap.

Not playing on their phones at the table was a rule that had been started by Suga, and yet it was clearly still entrenched in Jongup's mind, despite the betrayal he had dealt his former leader.

"Sorry, hyung," Zelo apologised dutifully, locking his phone and discreetly sliding the note back into Himchan's jacket.

*****

Whilst rummaging through his uncle's office room, Jimin stumbled across an old laptop and was pleasantly surprised to find that it still worked. He connected it to the Wi-Fi and set it up on the kitchen table, sliding into a seat ready to do some digging.

"Hey, Yoongi?" He called out to his companion who was playing games on the old Wii console.

"Yeah," Yoongi replied, not looking away from the screen, where he was playing tennis.

"Do you remember the names of any of Yongguk's contacts? Like, the hitman ones?"

"You're not going to find them on Google, Jimin," Yoongi chuckled without even having to turn around and see what Jimin was doing. "They don't have websites."

Jimin smiled innocently as he downloaded the server to open the dark web on the computer. "You never know what you might find on the internet." He located the section for hitmen - which was surprisingly easy to find - and was poised and ready to enter names. "Just play along," he coaxed.

Yoongi sighed and turned off the Wii after winning the round. "Okay," he shrugged, sitting down opposite Jimin at the table. "Don't expect to find anything - they don't use their real names anywhere. There was a guy called Chae Hyung Won... But I don't think he'll know anything. He was picked up by some conglomerate boss, so he doesn't do freelance work anymore."