Chapter Four

A/N: Yall, writing this has been an experience. And I can definitely tell where I am in life when I know where I want my female main characters to end up. Have fun with this chapter. Vote, comment, share. 

In the drive of the Salvatore boarding school, Bonnie and Stefan stand outside of a filled but parked car. Alaric and Damon walk outside and get ready to say farewell to their friends. Bonnie and Stefan plan on heading to a small town in Pennsylvania where they found a small cluster of magics on the map. It seems to be a great starting point and the nearest spot on the map. Bonnie looks past the gate and around before looking back to the somber-looking Alaric and Damon. "What's wrong?" Stefan asks her.

"I kind of thought Caroline might be back by now," she says with a shrug.

"She said that?" Alaric asks and clears his throat. Damon and Stefan look to the gate. Bonnie and Alaric follow their lead A green car pulls into the gate and rolls up the driveway. Caroline gets out of the driver's side door and walks up to the group. She hugs Bonnie first. Then Stefan and kisses him on the cheek.

"I'm glad you made it before we left. I missed you," Bonnie tells her and Caroline looks to her best friend with a little pout.

"Aw, I'm sorry. I missed you too Bon-Bon. You both be safe," Caroline gives Bonnie one more hug then walks past Alaric and Damon into the house.

"Keep us updated so we can watch the map," Alaric says before heading inside after Caroline.

"Of course, call us if you need anything!" Bonnie calls out after him. It leaves Damon, Bonnie, and Stefan all staring at each other.

"I hate both of you," Damon says. Bonnie walks over to him and wraps her arms around him. He doesn't return any movement but she does it anyway. Bonnie walks to the passenger side door and Stefan opens it for her. He gives his brother a look and one second Damon is there, then the next, he's runoff.

Caroline and Alaric walk through the hallways silently. "So what's new?" Caroline asks to fill the awkward silence. She runs her hands up and down her legs. Alaric clears his throat and coughs a little.

"Not much, honestly," he says and Caroline squints her eyes.

"Bonnie said you have a new staff member. A chef who's also a witch."

"Ty has been very helpful."

"How are we affording her?"

"A generous donation from the Mikaelsons," he says and scratches his head. She stops talking to look at her.

"How much are we going to take from them before they expect us to do something awful in return?"

"We won't take any more money. I promise. We'll figure something out." Caroline rolls her eyes.

"So, the chef, she's pretty? Bonnie said she looks like a model," They approach the group room where the twins were staying.

"Mom!" the twins cry out and go running to Caroline. She gets to their eye level and hugs them tight. "We missed you."

"I missed you too. So much," she says and takes deep inhales of their scent. She leans back and runs her fingers through Jo's hair. "How has it been with your dad?"

"He misses storytime," Lizzie says with a pout. Caroline snaps her head back to Alaric and glares at him. Alaric clears his throat then addresses the room.

"Ladies, everyone needs to get ready for dinner. I'm sure it's ready by now." Deena, Delia, and Hope get off their beds and run out of the room.

"Will you sit with us?" Lizzie asks.