Chapter Part 5

A/N: Sorry about the last couple weeks. I've been slammed with school. Trying harder though. Excited for where I want this book to go. 

Inside of a small Pennsylvania town, Bonnie and Stefan sit in their air-conditioned car, stalking the cluster of ten magics they found. "Well they aren't vampires," Bonnie says as she leans back in her seat and watches one of their houses.

"You would sense if they were witches?" Stefan asks.

"You know I would. It's not like with Melia, the new witch from town. They don't seem to be shielding their magic, they still appeared on the map."

"Process of elimination tells us they're wolves." He says and leans back, no longer watching them.

"We won't know until the full moon. And that's not the safest time to introduce ourselves. Especially not you."

"I am staying out of this completely," Stefan says as he pulls out his phone.

"So what are we going to do?"

"Call the only back up we can." He says, scrolling through the phone and picking the number he needs.

Back at the school, Caroline finds a hard time fitting into whatever role she can. She spends her time with her children but struggles to stay out of the way of everyone else. Especially Alaric, who seems increasingly irritated by her return. After begging her to come home. She has noticed he's been drinking less. But she's walked in on several hushed conversations between him and the new chef, Ty. Caroline tries to visit her daughters in their classroom but Kriss politely asked her to leave since it is distracting to the other students. Feeling defeated, Caroline grabs some of her things and plans to hole up in the armory. Or her mother's house. Not that she'd been in a while. Still too many memories.

The newly named First Coven of Siphoner Sisters (Fabien, included) meet in Haydee's single. "I can't believe your room is this big," Fabien says. He's stuck in the upper-class triple of him, Hunter, and Langston. It's a mess, to say the least.

"Yeah, and a single," Danielle adds, looking through Haydee's clothes. They didn't all fit in the closet so her parents bought her a few roll-away racks turning a side of her room into a makeshift dressing room complete with mirrors and an elevated step.

"Raissa lives in a single," Haydee says.

"My room is a closet," Raissa says from Haydee's double bed with a pout.

"Just because your clothes are everywhere doesn't mean that your room is the size of a closet," Haydee jokes and everyone, including Raissa, laughs.

"But you still have to admit it's bigger," Raissa replies, and Haydee shrugs.

"It's not like I got to choose. It was assigned. I'd offer to let you move in Rai, but then my room would look like yours," she says and plops down next to her friend with a smile. She sits up on her elbows, "So, what spell are we doing tonight?"

"Well," Danielle says from the dressing area, trying on Haydee's hat from Paris, "The primary school just planted lavender seeds. I was thinking we could make them grow."

"I love that idea," Haydee says. Her phone dings. She checks it and rolls her eyes then turns her attention back to the group as Fabien begins looking through her shoe collection.

Meanwhile, in the unofficial teacher's lounge, Kriss argues with Alaric. "They need to see their parents, Ric. Haydee gets to come home. Now what Caroline is back your kids have both parents. We should plan something." Alaric seems to develop a headache in seconds.

"I understand what you're saying but we're not just a school. We have to be on the lookout for the purists. They don't know we're here. That could change. Especially with groups of visitors. If their families are being watched, we could put everyone in danger."