Chapter Six

A/N:Get ready I feel like this book is really about to start soon. I'm excited to write it. Sorry I've been so slow. School is kicking my ass. Enjoy/Vote/Comment....

Alaric struggles through dinner to actually have a conversation. His head is still back at the school. In the argument, he had with Caroline. Alaric was in his room getting ready for the evening. "So why do I have to stay here?" Caroline asks him.

"To watch the children we promised to protect. Bonnie and Stefan should be back soon."

"And what am I supposed to do until then?"

"It's easy. Movie Night. You make them popcorn and put on the movie. It is not rocket science." He went around his closet, picking through clothes and trying to find the cleanest thing with the least amount of wrinkles.

"Why can't Damon do it?" Caroline scoffs.

"Caroline! I don't have time for this. I will be gone two hours at most."

"So I have to stay here while you go and party with the Mikaelson's?"

"Out of obligation. Maybe when you find people willing to pay to go to school here, I won't have to do this." He put a jacket on over his shirt and walks out.

Haydee leaves dinner that night and heads right back to school. She texts the Siphoners when she's finally there. At the school, the Siphoners finally put on regular clothes and walk through the hallways quietly. They pass by Vera and Hunter. "Where are you guys going?" Vera asks them.

"Moonlight mediation," Raissa says and they continue on. The two teen vampires look at each other then decide to fall behind them They follow them into the woods and hide behind trees as the group run into the new besties Langston and Zayla. They're outside being nerds in a clearing with a telescope.

"I can't tell whether this makes him less or more attractive," Fabien says making fun of the two of them.

"Where are you ladies headed?" Langston asks.

"Away from here." Danielle says and they see Haydee's headlights through the tree line. Everyone runs that way and Haydee gets out of the car.

"Come on! Let's do this. We just can't take too much," she says and puts a hand against the barrier. Just enough to weaken it so everyone to get through. Vera and Hunter race for it and make it right before Haydee puts down her hand.

"You weren't gonna leave without us, were you?" Vera asks. Haydee gives a her a small smirk.

"Where are we going?" Haydee asks everyone.

"The watering hole at the old Lockwood property." Vera offers.

"Alright. Whoever can't run, pile in." Haydee says, worrying for her baby beemer.

They arrive fifteen minutes later with a bit of damage to Haydee's car. Vera arrives seconds later, which Haydee is confused by until she whooshes away then whooshes back with a keg and a package of red cups. "Well, well, well, how useful you are, Blood Rayne," Danielle says as Vera puts the tap on the keg. Haydee puts on music from her car stereo. Langston and Hunter make a pile of wood in the center of them all.

"Ignis," Langston says and it crackles to life. Everyone cheers and grabs their drinks. They gather in smaller circles and talk around the fire. They're only alone for a few minutes until they start to see more headlights pull up. There's a truck leading the way with people in the bed. Derek Fells and Clair get out of the cab as the others pile out of the bed.

"Vee-ra," Clair starts, elongating the name, "Finally found a freak show where you can fit in. Wherever did you find them?" Vera rolls her eyes at the human.