The past

Katlyn's POV

On the way home not much was said but I could tell Jade was pretty happy with the way things went down.

Once we got home we walked upstairs and the second we stepped in the door Jade turned to me and threw her arms around me. She pulled back 'I'm sorry I just-' I cut her off before she said anything else.

I pulled her back into the hug and she had a slight giggle. 'Soooo story time now?' She smiled. I gave her a quick look before taking my mask off and walking to the couch.

I sat down not knowing where to start so she said 'okay I'll start with a question cause you obviously don't even know what I want to know'. 'Okay' i said back quietly.

'Why don't you talk?. Unless it's with me?' She asked just as quietly.

I sighed 'a long time ago my Parents got themselves into a lot of trouble. My Father got into drugs and Started to get a debt with the local suppliers. They were a big gang with people who weren't afraid of hurting him until they got there money back.'

While I was talking Jade just looked at me with sincerity and worry about what I was going to say next.

I had paused for a minute to contain myself. 'Anyway he couldn't get the money in time so they went after my Mother. One morning I woke up the see her on the floor with blood everywhere.' I could see Jade wanted to question but she waited for me to finish.

'They started to threaten my life as well. My Father couldn't take it anymore so he told them to take him and leave me out of it... And so they did. The night of my 12th birthday, I was laying in bed and I heard people talking in the kitchen. I walked out to see what was going on and I saw a bunch of people surrounding my Father with a gun to the side of his head.'

By this point I was tearing up. Jade was the only person I had actually told about this and she could tell pretty well that she was the only person I had opened up to.

'Before I could quickly back away, one of the men turned to me and pointed me to the other people there. He whispered something to the man beside him and started to walk over to me. He kneeled down and pulled a knife out of his pocket and pressed it to my throat.' I was sitting there seeing flash backs from that night that I hadn't seen in a long time.

'He whispered to me "look kid. You tell anyone about this and you'll be the next one with a gun to your head. But while your here why not enjoy the show". He sat me in front of my Father while the other man pushed the gun back to my Fathers head. The last words my Father said to me where "I love you Kat. Be good and listen to what they say". Before I could say anything else back to him the trigger was pulled.

I was already dripping with tears. 'After that night I never spoke again. Well until now' I half smiled to her. She moved closer to me and pulled me into her arms. I had never been very emotional but something about her touch made me break into more tears.