Bad feelings

Jade's POV

It was already midday and we still haven't gotten out of bed. I looked over to Katlyn and she smiled at me. Our eyes met and I stared into her deep blue eyes for what felt like hours.

Her eyes moved to my lips but before anything could happen her phone started to ring. "It's your father" she said. She sat up and answered the phone, I moved closer so I could hear what was happening.

"Katlyn. I need you and Jade to come into my office. I have hired a new man and I need you to show him around the building." Before he could say anything else she hung up.

"Come on you heard the man let's go baby." I gave her a death stare and she laugh. "You need to get dressed, I don't think your father would appreciate you showing up completely nude." 

I rolled my eyes and got up. I walked to the wardrobe to get dressed. Katlyn was sitting on the bed watching me. She smiled and stood up "I'll wait for you on the car". With that she left the room for me to get dressed.

On the car ride there We weren't really talking. The radio was on and eventually one of my favourite songs came on. 'I kissed a girl' by Katy Perry's. I looked over at Katlyn and she shook her head.

I didn't want Katlyn to actually hear me I reached over to the volume button and turned it up. I was getting ready to sing.. well scream the lyrics and I could see Katlyn trying not to laugh.

"I KISSED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT. THE TASTE OF HER CHERRY CHAPSTICK" before I could sing anymore Katlyn turned the volume down. I looked over to her and she laughed

"Don't give me that look. We're here". Sure enough we were. When we got out the men out front walked over to Katlyn and took her keys. She nodded and we walked up to my Fathers office.

When we opened the door we saw a man sitting at of the other side of my Fathers desk. "Ah girls you're here" The man got up and shook our hands.

"Girls this is Alex. Alex this is Katlyn and this is my daughter Jade." My father said while the man stood in front of us. "It's a pleasure to meet you both." Alex said.

"Katlyn I would like you to show Alex around the building. By the way she doesn't talk". My father said while looking between Katlyn and Alex.

When they walked out the door Father went and sat back behind his desk. I sat at the chair across from him.

"So where did you find him" I asked. "I uh found him on the streets."  He said back. "You what" I questioned.

My father never just picked guys up off the street. They were always from bars and he only picks the men that get into fights and win.

"Yeah one of the guys walked past him laying on a side walk all beat up so he brought him back." He shrugged.

"Bull shit. You never pick guys up off the streets now tell me where the hell you found him" I snapped back.

"Jade baby I'm sorry but I can not tell you where I found him."

Why the hell not. He always told me where they were from. Why could he not tell me now. Who the hell was this guy and why was he protecting him.

"Father. Who is he and why are you protecting him." I snapped.

"Jade I am not telling you. It is not something you need to know and you may find out at a later date. Okay?" 

Before I could say anything else back the door behind us opened. Katlyn walked in with Alex but she did not seem as happy as he did.

"Thank you girls. You's may go now". We both nodded and walked out. When we got back to the front desk the man that took our keys sent someone to get Katlyn's car.

When we got into the car Katlyn looked out the window. "What's wrong baby. Did he hurt you or say anything to you?"  She turned to me. "No no nothing like that babe. He just looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on where I've seen him before."

On the way home I stared out the window "Jade?"  I looked back at her. "Are you okay? I've called your name 3 times".  "Yeah baby just thinking"

She didn't push any further which I was thankful for. I didn't want her to worry about anything until I figured out who this guy was and why my father was protecting him.

I had a bad feeling about this guy and I was going to figure out why.