Chapter 14

After driving to the airport and boarding the plane, we found our seats. I was near the window, Bella was next to me, and Alice was at the end. We were in first class. Bella was stressed and carried on talking to herself. We hadn't even set off yet and she got on my nerves. I was happy I brought my earphones and my phone so I could block her out. Soon later, she fell asleep.

An hour before the plane landed, Bella woke up. She asked Alice if she had any visions of Edward but she didn't. She shook her head. Bella then started stressing again. I swear I wanted to knock her out.

When the plane finally landed, we got off the plane and Alice stole a car. It was a yellow Porsche. I was in the back and Bella was in the passenger seat. I had this weird feeling that something was going to happen. Something good and bad.

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Bella asked.

"I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto," Alice replied.

"Not today,"

"What? what do you see?" Bella asked when Alice gasped.

"They refused him,"

"So...?"

"He's going to make a scene. Show himself to the humans,"

"No! When?"

"He's going to wait until noon, when the sun's at it's highest,"

"Alice, you gotta hurry up,"

"There's Volterra," I told her. I had always wanted to go to Volterra. For some reason, I was drawn to the place. Maybe the beauty of it.

Alice was driving in the main streets and honking at people who were celebrating St Marcus Day.

"Why are they all in red?" Bella asked.

"St Marcus Day festival. They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city. It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself," Alice explained.

"We have five minutes,"

"You know Bella, just breathe,"

Alice was still driving but a security officer stopped us. Bella jumped out.

"Alice, Kira!"

"Bella, you're  the only one he can't see coming. If we go, he'll read our thoughts. He'll think we are lying. He'll rush into it,"

"Where do I go?"

"He'll be under the clock tower go!"

Bella ran. Alice and I had to figure out how to get to the clocktower without being discovered. I had a blazer dress on and I could just cover my face and chest. Alice put on red gloves, a head scarf, sunglasses and a coat. We ran to the shadows at a human pace then ran to the clocktower. The doors were locked so Alice broke it.

We noticed Bella, Edward and surprisingly Demetri and Felix. They probably came to get Edward.

"Come on guys, it's a festival you wouldn't want to make a scene," Alice said.

"We wouldn't," Felix said.

Then a girl my age came around the corner. She had a cloak on and a dress. She was around my height without heels on. She reminded me of Jane so much.

"Enough," she said. Her voice was strong.

"Jane," Edward said.

Was it the same Jane or was it a coincidence. It was probably a coincidence and I'm just crazy. It's been 1200 years and I'm still insane.