Chapter 6

Winwin decided to run a mandatory training session with the warriors of his squadron that afternoon, to keep them up to his standards while also figuring out which one of his warriors were competing for the open commander position.

Before they started, they were gathered on the training grounds, the warriors sitting on the grass as Winwin stood, arms crossed.

"Did you know about this?" He heard Renjun ask Lihua. The girl shook her head.

It was clear that the girl had other plans, Taeil had mentioned it to Winwin. But Winwin didn't really care about what Lihua had to do. His squadron came first.

Winwin exhaled deeply and his warriors stopped chatting, knowing that their commander was going to start.

"So many of you are probably wondering why we're gathered here today." Winwin said, staring at them. "We are here to train and to help our fellow warriors that are competing to be the new commander."

Winwin noticed that were many confused looks in the crowd so he decided to clarify his thoughts. "Even though the Warrior Games will not be happening next week, the competition to be the next Commander of the Medical Warriors is still a competition and your skills will be showcased for the entire Amber Kingdom. It is very important that all of you that compete represent my squadron well."

Some warriors nodded their heads, understanding the meaning behind Winwin's words.

"Now speaking of the competition, how many of you are competing?" Winwin asked.

To his surprised, quite a few raised their hands. Lihua, Haechan, Chenle, and a couple others. Winwin glanced over at Renjun who shook his head.

Slightly dissatisfied, Winwin nodded his head. "I'll be focusing on you five today, but everyone else, please still do your best in today's training."

With that, Winwin clapped his hands together, giving his squadron a small smile.

"Let's get started then."

...

This is such a waste of my time, Lihua thought as she gripped tightly to her fighting stick, going through the movements.

Winwin was currently working with Chenle, one of the younger warriors who honestly stood no chance at becoming a commander. Winwin was carefully correcting each of Chenle's movements, until the young warrior could do them perfectly.

He knows, he definitely knows, Liihua thought. There was no way that Winwin could just coincidentally organizing a training session during the same time as her medical training session with Taeil. Taeil must have told him.

Fed up with the time already wasted, Lihua stood straight, beginning to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Renjun hissed, even though all the other warriors in the squadron, aside from Chenle who was working with Winwin, noticed her leaving.

"I'm going to do something actually worth my time." LIhua said, leaving the training area without a second of hesistation.

...

As Winwin saw Lihua leaving from the corner of his eye, he knew his plan had worked.

All he had to do now was report to Kun.

...

"You're not supposed to be here." Taeil said as Lihua walked in.

"Does it look like I care?" Lihua said as she plopped down on a cushion beside the table already full of medical supplies.