Chapter 24

With the Jade Kingdom restored again, Lihua and Winwin were busier than ever.

It was decided that Kun, Lucas, and Ten would return to their home kingdom. A warrior named Taeyong had taken over Kun's place as the general.

The decision to make Kun the general of the Jade Kingdom, with Lucas, Ten, Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang all leading their own squadrons as commanders. The Jade Kingdom's army was without a doubt a strong one.

Lihua and Winwin had also been busy with organizing their own marriage, set a few weeks from now. They were taking their time though, putting the kingdom as a priority instead.

They still kept in close contact with Jaehyun and the Amber Kingdom, although Lihua preferred if Winwin covered most of that.

Lihua sighed as she stared at the white and gold robes in front of her, brought forward by her servants. She was to select one for her wedding.

Lihua clenched her teeth as the seamstress finished highlighting each of the robes.

"They all look the same, though." Lihua muttered. She glanced towards Kun's mother, who had willingly stepped in to assist her.

"Just pick one." The woman whispered to her. "You'll look beautiful in any of them."

"This one." Lihua said, pointing to the one in the middle. The seamstress nodded before leaving the room with the dresses and the servants.

Once they were gone, Lihua let out a deep sigh, sinking into the cushions of her hair.

"What's wrong?" Kun's mother asked her, sensing her frustration.

"I don't know if all this royalty stuff really suits me." Lihua admitted. "It's quite different from being a warrior."

"It is." Kun's mother replied. "But it's position with honour."

Honour, Lihua thought, thinking back to the witch and their battle. Lihua gulped as she remembered what the witch had longed for her entire life.

"I'm going to go find Winwin." Lihua said, getting up. She was about to leave when she remembered the lesson she had on manners. "If you may excuse me."

Kun's mother simply waved her hand. "Just go, Lihua. I know you want that."

Lihua didn't need to be told twice as she left her room to head to Winwin's.

...

Winwin rubbed his temples as he stared at the scrolls in front of him.

Why is ruling a kingdom so difficult?

He pushed the scrolls away, not wanting to look at them any further.

I need a walk.

Winwin was about to leave the room when the door slid open, Lucas on the other side.

"Whoa." Lucas said as he saw the prince's face. "I was not expecting you to be at the door."

"Do you need something?" Winwin asked, running his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah, there's a villager here that wants to talk about restoring the fields from the invaders." Lucas told him.

Winwin let out a deep sigh before nodding his head. "Alright, let's go."

I guess that walk will just have to wait.

...

"What do you mean he's not here?" Lihua exclaimed at the poor servant who was just trying to do his job.