Chapter 23

I hate this.

Lihua took a deep breath, slowly removing herself from the witch before offering her hand.

"What are you doing?" The witch asked her, shocked by her actions.

"Letting you live." Lihua muttered. "I hate seeing men trample over women like we're nothing."

The witch hesitated before standing up without her help. "But you are fighting beside a man."

"A man that accepts me for who I am and loves me endlessly because of it." Lihua clarified. "The Prince is one of the reason why I am a female warrior. He taught me many of the fighting skills I have now."

"Good men." The witch snickered. "I find it hard to believe."

"Well you better." Lihua said, gritting her teeth. "Because there's a lot more out there."

Lihua was about to make her way to where Winwin and Shunyuan were when she felt a hand grip onto her neck.

"Foolish girl." The witch hissed in her ear. "Just because you let me live, you think you can just walk away."

Lihua felt tears brimming her eyes as her airways began to close. She tried to get as much oxygen as she could, but the witch's grip around her neck was tight.

"You. Could. Have. Been. A. Warrior. Too." Lihua somehow managed the breathe out.

She felt the witch loosen her grip ever so slightly. "What?"

"You have been a warrior too." Lihua told her. "But instead, you'll always be inferior to him."

Lihua watched as Shunyuan continued to fight against Winwin, the prince becoming slower with every move.

He's getting tired.

"I am much more powerful than him." The witch snarled. "I can crush him with my fingers."

"Why don't you, then?" Lihua asked. "Why haven't you?"

"Because..." The witch's voice trailed off.

"It's because he's a man. And you feel like he holds power over you." Lihua said, watching as her plan began to work.

The witch's eyes began to soften as she stared at the fight of the two men.

Shunyuan was advancing on Winwin, the prince stumbling over his two feet. Shunyuan took the opportunity to kick his sword away from him, leaving Winwin weaponless and too weak to use his chi.

Lihua knew she had to act fast as she leaned in, whispering to the witch.

"So, who is really your enemy here?"

The next moments happened like a blur as the witch whisked in front of Winwin, holding her hand up to call upon her powers but Shunyuan was fast, digging his sword into the witch's body instead of Winwin's

"No!"

While Shunyuan was still in shock, Lihua took the time to get down, grabbing Winwin's sword from behind Shunyuan.

As Lihua held it in her hands, she knew that the weapon held more power than she could ever imagine, all hidden under the metal.

Lihua heard Shunyuan whimper, upset about the loss of his partner before standing up again, holding his sword above his head

Lihua knew Winwin was scared out of his mind as he walked backwards on his hands and feet as Shunyuan advanced towards him.

Lihua, now!