Epilogue

"You know it's bad luck to see the bride before getting married, right?" Lihua said as Winwin entered her preparation room.

"I couldn't resist myself." Winwin said, making his way towards her. "I don't know how long I can last without seeing you."

Lihua giggled as Winwin wrapped his arms around her, lifting her up for a kiss before placing her down the second the door slid open.

"Dong Sicheng!" Lucas hissed. "Yuta is going to kill you if he finds out that you're in here."

"I'll see you later." Winwin whispered into her ear before following Lucas out. Seconds later, Taeil entered.

"What power you hold, Zhang Lihua." Taeil said as Lihua moved behind the screen to change into her white silk dress. "You have two emperors at your wedding."

"Winwin and I grew up with both of them." Lihua said as she quickly finished, stepping out. "It only makes sense that we invite them both."

A knock sounded on the door and Lihua smiled as she heard Renjun's voice. "Jiejie, are you decent?"

"I am, come on in." Lihua answered.

Renjun opened the door to reveal Lihua's father standing beside him.

Lihua felt her eyes begin to grow heavy as she saw her father's stunned reaction to his daughter in her wedding dress. "My daughter looks as beautiful as ever today."

"Baba, you're going to make me ruin the make up." Lihua said, blinking back her tears.

Her father smiled as he stepped in, Taeil and Renjun quietly stepping out to let the two have their moment. "I have something here, from your mother."

That's when Lihua noticed the velvet box in her father's hands. He opened it up to reveal a golden hairpin.

 He opened it up to reveal a golden hairpin

"Your mother wore this on our wedding day." Lihua's father said, carefully removing it from the box and placing it in her hair. "I'm sure she would have wanted you to wear it too."

Lihua couldn't help but ask the one question she always asked as a little girl. "What was she like?"

Lihua felt her father adjusting the pin in her hair as he answered her question. "She was beautiful inside and out. She also was never afraid to speak her mind, you get that from her."

Lihua turned around as her father finished, staring at his eyes. "Do you think she would be proud of me?"

Lihua's father didn't even hesitate to answer her question.

"Of couse. You've brought so much honour to the family with all that you have done. I couldn't have been more proud to be your father."

...

Winwin was shaking as he stood there, at the end of the stone aisle, waiting.

"Calm down, will you?" Yuta hissed, clutching onto his arm tightly.