Chapter 18

Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang. Those were names of the three males that took Lihua and Winwin to their lodge where they would stay.

Lihua had convinced them to let her and Winwin stay together, saying that she needed to tend his ankle at night but she was certain that Hendery was convinced that they were in a relationship.

Whatever, Lihua thought as she unpacked their belongings, placing clothes into the drawer. Doesn't matter, as long as I got what I want.

"You alright?" Winwin asked from the bed. Lihua nodded as she stood up, done with unpacking.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lihua said, as she made her way towards him. "Let's go meet them for dinner."

Lihua helped Winwin as they made their way out to where the three males were, dinner already set up for them. Many dishes filled the table, and the three had big smiles on their faces.

"Please, eat as much as you want. There's more in the kitchen." Hendery told them. "And eat first, you're both older than us."

"How do you know?" Lihua asked, picking up her chopsticks.

"Commander Qian told us a lot about the two of you." Xiaojun answered. "He said you will save the Jade Kingdom from Shunyuang."

"Shunyuang?" Winwin asked as he placed some food in his bowl. "Who is that?"

"He is the leader of the invaders." Yangyang answered. "He has taken over the land, minus this village as we technically belong to the Amber Kingdom. But all the villagers here are survivors from the Jade Kingdom."

"What makes you think that we can save you two?"Lihua asked. "We're just two ordinary warriors."

"We all know that's not true." Xiaojun pointed out. "Not only is Sicheng the true heir to the throne but Lihua, you come from a long line of generals. You two are also the only two that are trained in chi, General Zhang being the only trainer surviving. Chi is vital if we want to defeat Shunyuang's strongest weapon, the witch."

"Us ordinary humans are no match for the witch." Hendery continued. "We can help with their army but at the end, you two must defeat them."

For some reason, Lihua felt that there was something missing from their words, as if they were hiding something.

"What exactly do you need from us?" Winwin asked, reading Lihua's mind. "It seems like there's more than just fighting the witch."

Yangyang let out a deep sigh. "We need training. Commander Qian has taught some of us the basics, but we don't know much. We're like little boys acting like men when it comes to fighting."

"Alright." Winwin said firmly. "We'll start tomorrow morning."

"Really?" Xiaojun exclaimed. Winwin nodded and the three males exchanged high fives and pats on the back.

On the other hand, Lihua was not as happy to hear those words leave Winwin's mouth.

"What about your ankle?" Lihua asked him. Winwin simply smiled at her.

"Now who said I was training them?"

...

I am definitely doing something wrong.

Lihua bowed as she finished her first training lesson with the villagers, thankful that it was basic fighting positions. She was certain that the next one would not go so well.

The villagers thanked her before breaking off for lunch, many of them sweating and panting heavily. It would take a while to get them to where they needed to be, but there wasn't enough time. They only had a week.