Chapter 9

Jose's POV

I look over at my girlfriend who is cuddling our son to her chest. Tonight we are attending the Latin Grammy Awards and we have decided to bring our son along.

Our appearance is going to bring attention to us and I'm just ready for the world to know that Kandice is mine again. I really screwed up in the past but I'm ready to get us back to where we need to be and maybe in a couple of years, we will try marriage again.

I am nominated for many awards tonight and hopefully I will win a few. 

Cristian is at an age where he now understands things and I want us to be able to experience these moments together.

"Are you ready?" I ask Kandice as she stares down at the tablet that Cristian is playing on.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She answers as she kisses the side of our sons face.

Even though we are attending the award show together, Kandice and Cristian will not be walking down the carpet. We didn't want to draw too much attention to ourselves and Kandice expressed that it was something that she was not comfortable with.

"J Balvin, you are nominated for thirteen awards." I smile at the interviewer. "How do you feel?"

"I feel highly favored and blessed." I respond with the prayer motion.

"How does your son feel knowing that his father has made history?"

I laugh at the question.

"Cristian doesn't understand that part yet but we definitely celebrated when I found out about the nominations." I smile as I think of the moment that the nominees were announced. I was even surprised to see myself in many categories.

I do a few more interviews before heading inside.

I greet my companions as I make my way over to Kandice and Cristian who are surrounded by my friends. Kandice gives me a small smile as I take a seat besides her and Cristian jumps into my arms which brings a huge smile to my face.

As the show starts, I rest my hand on Kandice' leg. Kandice is not fluent in any language besides English but I appreciate the fact that she has started taking classes so that she can learn my language. We both decided that we wanted Cristian to be aware of his Colombian culture and part of that means speaking the language.

Bringing Kandice to the Latin Grammy awards wasn't an easy decision since she will barely understand anything but it means so much to me knowing that she is at my side. This is how it's meant to be.

We were meant to be together.

"J BALVIN!" Everyone arround me jumps to their feet applauding as I turn to the camera with a smile. 

Cristian looks confused at first but starts cheering once I stand up so I kiss his forehead before turning to my woman and kissing her lips.

I hear the women sigh in adoration as Cristian calls out to me as I walk onto the stage.

"PAPA!" I place my hand over my heart and I point to my boy.

Time seems to pass by fairly quick, I won a couple more awards and I even performed. It was a special moment having my son watching me perform on stage that hold significant meaning to me.

As I receive my final award for the night, I know that it is time to address the elephant in the room.

"Wow, tonight has been a beautiful night not just for myself but for my family. Not only have I made history tonight but I am blessed to have my lifeline and my son present for this moment." Everyone cheers as the camera's turn to Cristian and Kandice who wave.