t w o

2

When my absence doesn't alter your life,
then my presence has no meaning in it.

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ

Skylar wakes up to her alarm and sighs. She slowly gets ready for the day, knowing it will probably suck. After breakfast, she changed and decided to braid her hair.

Outfit:

"Sky, are you ready?" She hears her mom ask

"Yep." She says, slipping on her shoes.

"You should really clean those..." Her mom says, noticing how dirty her shoes look.

"You don't like the fit?" Skylar asks, spinning around.

Her dad groggily walks down the stairs, kissing his wife. "Good luck, kiddo." He says, kissing the top of her head.

Skylar follows her mom into the garage and sits in the front seat. While they're pulling out of the driveway, she notices Issac getting into his car. She frowns with envy, knowing basically everyone who's 16 got their license and car.

A few minutes later, she gets dropped off at the front of the building. She slips her earphones in, shutting the rest of the world out. Before she could pick a playlist, she got a notification that someone texted her.

Bea:

Are you at school?

Ya, you need company?

Please!
There are still like 15 minutes before class starts, and I'm hiding in the library 😣

I'll meet you there

Skylar steps inside the building and heads straight for the stairs. Before she gets to the top, she glances at the area Jessica, and she used to meet before class. She notices Jessica is there with Gwen, and they seem surrounded by popular people.

Skylar spots Bea on one of the couches in the corner and walks toward her. Bea jumps in her seat when Skylar plops down beside her.

"Oh hey! Excited for the new semester?" She asks.

"Nope. I need 3:00 to come sooner. I need to take a long nap." Skylar says, taking out her earphones.

"I couldn't sleep last night," Bea says, rubbing her tired eyes.

"At least you look cute. Your shoes look cool." Skylar says, smiling.

"Thank you! I got them on sale." Bea says.

Bea glances at someone behind Skylar, and Skylar turns around. "Who are you looking at?" Skylar asks.

"That guy in a blue shirt. He's cute." Bea says, laughing.