e l e v e n

11

Sometimes you don't need to hear their
excuses or what they have to say for themselves
because their actions already spoke the truth.

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ

Skylar woke up happy for once. She didn't even care that her dad left her a note saying he'll be home earlier than usual. She just wanted to see Issac and, hopefully, Bea if she's finally feeling better.

After making herself an omelet, she quickly gets ready for school. Then she stacks some rings on her fingers, including the one Issac got for her birthday.

Outfit:

She decides to dutch braid her hair with the extra time and wonders if Issac will call her Pigtails

She decides to dutch braid her hair with the extra time and wonders if Issac will call her Pigtails. Deep down, she loves his nicknames for her but will never admit it out loud.

When she's ready, she steps out of her house to meet up with Issac. At the same time, that's when Issac emerges from the garage.

He excitedly runs up to her and wraps his arms around her waist. "Hey, Pigtails." He says with a grin.

"These don't count! They're dutch braids." Skylar says, touching her hair.

"Well, you look beautiful." He says, obviously checking her out.

"Thank you." She murmurs, looking anywhere but at him.

"I missed you." He says, tilting her chin up to face him.

"It's only been like seven hours," Skylar says, laughing.

He pouts, and Skylar cups his face with both hands. They meet in the middle, and Skylar is thankful her parents weren't home to see this.

Issac pulls her closer to his chest, and she smiles against his lips. When they separate, Issac says, "We should probably get going, or else we'll be late."

"Won't be my fault. Someone needed attention." Skylar says, playfully rolling her eyes.

"I'll always want your attention. I kind of do care about what you think of me." Issac says quietly.

"I hate you. That's all you need to know." Skylar says, kissing his cheek.

Issac chuckles, and the tips of his ears turn red. When they get to school, they meet with Bea and Miguel in a different section, far away from Jessica and Gwen.

When Bea spots Skylar, she rushes toward her to hug her. "I've missed you!" Bea says. "My temperature is back to normal, but my nose is still sometimes runny." She says, pulling away.

"Glad you could finally join us. This week was horrible without you." Skylar says, glancing at Issac's fake frown.

"Understandable. But now I can make sure your birthday week ends with a bang. Ooh, I can buy fireworks." Bea says, murmuring the last sentence.