f o u r

4

I forgot, I only exist
when you need something.

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ

Jessica was stuck hanging out with Bea and Skylar. Gwen decided to skip, so Jessica had to listen to them talk about stupid stuff.

They tried to include her in the conversation, but she was too irritated to join. Skylar and Bea were behind Jessica while they were walking to chemistry.

On the board, it says they're doing a lab. Of course, the one day Jessica needs a partner, her best friend isn't here. Jessica feels miserable.

Assuming Bea and Skylar would partner up, she had to find someone she could tolerate. She glanced at Miguel and Issac, weighing which one would give her the answers.

Issac seems more intelligent, so she walks toward him. "Hey, Issac," Jessica says in a flirty tone.

Issac raises an eyebrow, not sure why she is talking to him. Skylar looks at Jessica, also wondering what she's doing.

"Do you want to be my partner for the lab?" She asks.

"Uh..." Issac says, glancing at Miguel. Miguel subtly shakes his head, wanting to be partners with Bea. Issac looks at Skylar wide-eyed, begging her to be his partner.

Skylar smirks and says, "She asked you a question."

"I can't. Dimples is my partner." Issac says, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

Jessica glares at them with disgust and says, "You probably would have messed up the whole thing anyway."

Jessica asks the teacher for a partner while Skylar turns to Issac. "I don't remember agreeing to this partnership." She states.

"Who else would you partner with? I'm the smartest one in the class." Issac brags.

"We haven't taken the test yet," Bea answers. Miguel laughs, which causes Bea to smile.

"I'll still ace it," Issac says.

"Then you won't mind just giving me the answers?" Skylar asks cheekily.

"You wish, Dimples." He says, winking. Skylar sighs with disappointment.

Jessica gets paired with Ned, and Skylar can tell he grosses her out. He farts in class once, and suddenly, he's the grossest person Jessica has ever met. Skylar grins evilly, and Issac notices.

"Why are you grinning? Are you going to sabotage our assignment?" He asks.

"Damn, you got me." Skylar jokes.

Miguel says something to Bea, causing her to snort/laugh. Skylar and Issac overhear, causing the whole table to laugh. Jessica looks at them and rolls her eyes.

Bea looked at Skylar with wide eyes, hoping it wasn't obvious she was into him. Skylar gives her a thumbs up, which relaxes Bea.

The teacher finally starts class and explains the procedure. After they write their hypothesis, everyone starts their lab.

Jessica glares at Skylar, annoyed she took her partner. They're supposed to be best friends, so Jessica doesn't understand why Skylar did that.