n i n e

9

I got hurt. Really hurt.
And sometimes, when that happens,
something inside me shuts off.

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ

Two weeks have passed, and Skylar has been internally freaking out whenever she sees Issac. All of a sudden, she notices every little thing he does, and it annoys her to no end.

Like when he teases her, she swears he reserves that specific smile only for her. Or when he randomly compliments her, she knows he's just being friendly, but what if he likes her?

She's also starting to notice that he's actually kind of attractive. That part scared her cause she always thought he was cute, but not to the point where she would start complimenting him back.

She's also gotten more clumsy around him because she's nervous, and she hates that feeling. She sometimes gets her hopes up that maybe he is interested in her but reminds herself he never accepted her follow request.

She's obviously not going to base their whole friendship on this, but he didn't accept nor deny it. So she just assumed he didn't want her to know anything about him socially. Which is fine, or at least that's what she tells herself.

After she finishes breakfast, she passes by her mom. "We left you some money to order some takeout for dinner." She says in a hurry.

"I thought you said you were going to make lasagna?" She asks, knowing they were supposed to eat dinner together.

"I know, but I didn't have time since my boss scheduled a staff meeting." She says, quickly putting on her shoes. "Your dad should be home for dinner, though. I'll try my best."

"It's fine," Skylar says, walking up the stairs.

"How about on your birthday, we all eat dinner at your favorite restaurant? Maybe I can even bake you a cake." She says, grabbing her keys.

"You'd take the day off for that?" Skylar asks.

"I think I can. I do have some vacation days to use." She murmurs, quickly leaving the house.

"Love you too..." Skylar mumbles, going to her room to get ready for school.

Outfit:

She spots Issac stepping out of his house through her window and runs out to meet him after she's done getting ready

"Thought you were gonna make us late, Dimples." He says, opening the car door for her.