f i v e

5

I wish I had friends
that actually invited me to stuff
and remembered that I existed.

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ

Skylar wakes up to someone mowing their lawn, and she groans with annoyance. She grabs her phone to check the time and sees Bea texted.

Bea:

I'll pick you up at 10:45!

Ok 👍

She gets out of bed and walks down the stairs for breakfast. Knowing her parents are still asleep, she makes herself some pancakes. When she's done, she washes her plate and runs up the stairs to get ready. After she's done in the bathroom, she quickly changes out of her pajamas.

Outfit:

She stacks some rings on her fingers and then decides on a half-up, half-down hairstyle

She stacks some rings on her fingers and then decides on a half-up, half-down hairstyle. She glances out the window and sees Bea park in her driveway. She runs down the stairs and exits through the garage.

"So much running, and I don't even take PE." Skylar mumbles.

When she gets in the car, Bea says, "Good morning!"

"Too early for me to be awake," Skylar says, laughing.

"I got you a Strawberry Açaí Refresher and a blueberry muffin from Starbucks. A thank you for coming to the soccer game with me." She says.

Skylar is surprised and says, "Thank you!"

"No problem. Always got to make sure my friends are fed and hydrated." She says, winking.

"So, when did you suddenly get into soccer?" Skylar teases.

"When a really cute boy asked me to show up." Bea murmurs. Bea's face slightly heats up, and Skylar laughs.

"When will you two just get together? Two and half weeks is enough talking, right?" Skylar asks.

"But what if he doesn't feel the same? He's also a pretty great friend, and you know how hard it is to find real friends." She explains.

"Why don't you make a goal for yourself? Like give yourself another week of talking, ask to hang out, and then ask him out at the end. Or if you end up changing your mind, then you stay friends." Skylar says.

"You're right! If his team wins this game, I'll ask him out. If not, then maybe another time." She says excitedly.

"Uh, sure..." Skylar says, shrugging.

"Do you think I'm moving too fast? Am I supposed to wait longer before getting into a relationship? I'm not desperate for a boyfriend, but it'd be nice if he wanted to be mine." Bea says, pulling into the parking lot.