s i x

6

Not to spoil the ending,
but everything will be ok.

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ

Bea starts her car and lets Miguel connect to her car's Bluetooth. "Can you type your address?" She asks.

"Tryna stalk me, B?" Miguel asks, smirking.

"Shut up." She says, lightly smacking his arm.

Miguel hands her her phone, and they start driving toward his home. Miguel starts playing Where You Are by The Score, and Bea gasps.

"You listen to them?" She asks.

"Of course. They pump me up for my workouts and, in general, give me good vibes." He answers.

When the pre-chorus comes up, Miguel points to Bea and himself. Bea laughs and sings the next lyric, "Up against the night!"

While they're shouting the chorus, Bea raises the volume, causing the dashboard to vibrate slightly. "Do you want to get slushies before dropping me off?" Miguel asks.

"Sure," Bea says calmly, making sure she doesn't appear too excited. Her heart may be racing, having him spend time with only her, but she'd rather not make a fool of herself.

Miguel bites back a smile, happy he gets to spend more time with her.

She parks near the entrance of a gas station, and Miguel opens the door for her. They walk in and look at all the slushie flavors.

"Are you more of a cherry or blue raspberry type of person?" Miguel asks.

"Cherry, you?" Bea asks.

"Same. But today, I'm gonna mix pink lemonade and mango." He says, grabbing a cup.

"That sounds good, and the colors look pretty together." She says, smiling. Miguel catches himself staring at her and quickly looks away.

Bea decides to mix cherry and orange, and they go to the counter to pay. Bea beats Miguel in paying, and he pouts. "You paid for lunch, but next time I'll let you pay." She says, flashing him a charming grin.

Miguel sighs and says, "Fine..." But deep down, he's just thrilled she wants to spend even more time with him.

They sit on the sidewalk beside the parking lot and start drinking their slushies. "Thanks for getting everyone together after my game," Miguel says.

"It was nothing. It just seemed fun to hang out outside of school." Bea says nervously.

"Well, I'm glad you came to see my game. Got to show off my talent." Miguel brags.

Bea laughs and says, "Eh, I thought you were okay. It doesn't seem that hard to kick a ball."

"Haha." Miguel laughs sarcastically. "I'm just glad we won."

Bea is then reminded of what she said she would do if they won. Miguel notices her expression and asks, "What's up?"

"Nothing. What?" Bea asks, looking away.