Chapter 9 ~ D A N C E

Y/N'S POV

I woke up in my bed, I had a bit of a headache. What the fuck happened last night? I sit up and get ready for breakfast. I applied a nude lipstick and a natural eye shadow. I put on my robes and make my way down. Everyone was already in the great hall, as usual I was a little bit late. But beauty takes time bitches. I giggle to myself and walk in the hall.

"Y/n!" Tia shouts waving me over to here. I smirk and start making my way over. I notice Draco not taking his eyes off me. I just don't say anything and walk over to tia.

"Hey queennnn!" She says bowing to me making me giggle.

"Stop it!" I say putting my hand to my mouth blushing. I sit down and look up seeing the Weasley twins and Harry looking over. I let out a small smile and look down.

"How's your head?" I ask Tia.

"Don't even get me started! I don't understand how you look that amazing having a hangover" she said with a shocked face and I giggle.

"She's right you know" I look up and see Blaise smirking at me. I felt my cheeks redden. My attention moved to Professor Mcgonagall who started an announcement.

"So for year 4's and above there will be a traditional event to take place a few days before the next games. It's called the Yule ball. So for now instead of your first few lessons we will be practising the dance" she announces.

"Ahhh y/n did you hear that?!" Tia squeals with excitement and I giggle.

"Ew a dance" I fake gag making Blaise giggle and Tia pout.

"Hey it won't be that bad, pleaseeee" she begged.

"Fine" I roll my eyes and she squeals again.

We were sat in a hall, boys on one side and a girls on the other. Tia was too excited. I had my legs crossed and my arms folded. I roll my eyes as tia kept chatting about what she was wearing. I giggle and look up and notice Draco also with his arms folded staring directly at me. I turn and look away.

"Mr Weasley will you stand up and be my partner" Professor McGonagall demands. He rolls his eyes and walks hesitantly towards her.

"Right so put your arm around my waist" she places his arm around her. A few people whistled making us all chuckle. She showed us what to do.

"Now find a partner!" She demands. All the girls except me stood up excited, none of the boys moved. Except one, Neville Longbottom.

"Come on boys, this isn't optional!" She raises her voice. All the boys groaned as they stood.

"Y/n!" Tia waved her hand motioning for me to stand up. I stood up but didn't move. Most people were partnered up by now.

Classic Malfoy was with Pansy. I didn't know who
I wanted to dance with.

"May I have this dance?" I look round to see Fred bow holding out his hand. I giggle.

"You may" I take his hand and he drags me over to the dance floor, I trip but he had hold of me tightly. We both giggle. I look to see Harry a bit gutted he didn't get to ask. I then turn to my other side to see Draco who had his eyes on us.

Fred put his arm round my waist and his other hand in mine. I put my other arm around his neck. We started dancing to the music. Everytime I looked I saw Draco's eyes following us. Why though?

Fred and I giggled the whole time, he was so funny, I don't understand why I never spoke to him. After the lesson was finished Fred let got of me.

"You're a very good dancer Fred" I say smiling.

"Right back at ya" he winked making me chuckle.

"I'll see you later!" He says leaving towards his twin who nudged his shoulder.

"Oh shut up George" he said in embarrassment making my cheeks redden. Tia runs up to me.

"I saw you guys giggling the whole time!" She says making my cheeks redden even more.

"Stop it" we both giggle as we walk out.

***time skip to the day before the Yule ball***

"Y/n! Guess what!" She exclaims in excitement.

"What?" I question

"Blaise asked me to the dance" she blushed.

"Ooo look at you go!" I say nudging her. We were walking out of the great hall when we passed Blaise, Malfoy, Pansy, Krabbe & Goyle.

"Hey y/n, hey Tia" Blaise says waving us over. We walk over and Blaise hugs Tia. It was cute to see. I smile at them and look down, no one had asked me yet.

"Why looking so glum y/n?" Pansy says in a fake sad
tone.

"Haven't got a date?" Her and malfoy laugh. My blood boiling.

"I do actually so fuck you!" I fake smile.

"Not that it's any of your business" I look Draco straight in the eyes. His smile fades.

"Anyway got to go dress shopping and meet my date" I say in a tone that made malfoy clench his jaw. I blow a kiss and walk off, grabbing Tia's arm.

"Ow y/n! What's up with you?" She says rubbing her arm.

"Sorry... it's just... I don't have a date" I whisper.

"Oh fuck" she says trying to think. Until we were stopped.

"Y/n!" I heard Cedric out of breath. I turn to look at him.

"Will you be my Yule ball date?" He asks with a smile.

"Uh... sure" I give a small smile and we make our way down to hogsmede.

We walked into the shop and saw Ginny and Cho. Greattt Cho.

"Hey guys" Ginny politely smiles.

"Hey" we smile back.

"Guys I'm not sure about this!" We heard from the changing room.

"Just show us!" Ginny yells. Hermione comes out in a pink dress.

"Wow Hermione you look gorgeous" I say before any of the girls comment. She gives me a smile.

"Thank you" her cheeks redden.

"Come on y/n your turn!" Ginny says grabbing me towards the dresses.

We all finally found a dress and made our way back up to Hogwarts. We were all giggling and talking about how excited they were. To be honest excitement was finally hitting me, I didn't think I would be that excited but I was. We finally separated with the other girls and tia and I went back to our dorms.

"Right I'll come to your dorm tomorrow and we can get ready together" Tia says hugging me and we walk to our dorms. I got into bed and peacefully fell asleep.

***the next evening***

After finishing our lessons I made my way back to my dorm. I jumped in the shower washing all my day makeup off and washing my hair. It was finally time to get ready. I was so excited!