Chapter 3- Kaiya Mayoko P3

I turned behind me and saw my mom and dad.

"Mom, dad!" I said.

"We need to go!" Dad said.

"What? Why?! There's an entire battle going on right now!" I told them.

"Yes, we know, all families are trying to escape!" Mom said.

"B-but, what about everybody else?" I asked.

Dad looked down. "They're staying here to distract them." Dad sighed.

Distract them?! I never really ever cared about anyone in the village, but when they're on the verge of death, I guess it makes you feel some compassion. But then, I remembered the fire that happened in the Tanjiro family estate.

"Wait, what happened to the Tanjiro family?" I asked, already getting a hint of what had happened.

Dad sighed again. "They are no longer with us." He said. I gasped, even though I already had that thought in my head.

"But it doesn't matter anymore, all we need to do is get out of here, now." Dad said. "All families have been ordered to leave together, and if we want to leave with them, we need to leave now." Mom warned me.

I was hesitant, but what could I do?! All I did was nod and agree. I have already regretted my decision, but there was no time left! So, we went back home quickly and packed up 2 bags full of food, clothes and money, nothing else.

We had finally finished and went to the village gate, but it seemed that everybody had already left. "They left." I said, as I looked at the footprints in the dirt, leading into the forest.
"It's fine, I'm sure we'll catch up with everybody later." Dad said with a smile. Mom nodded, then we all quickly ran out of the village.

3 days later...

Dad kept hoping we'd catch up to everybody, but mom and I already knew we never were. It had been days and we realized the hard way that we had no idea where we were going. None of my parents had good sensory skills and had no idea where we were going.

Dad saw out gloomy faces and tried to cheer us up. "Hey! I'm sure we will find a small village somewhere!" He told us.

I sighed. "Dad, it's been three days! We've been nowhere. We might as well die out here." I said.

"Kaiya! Don't say such things!" Mom told me.
I nodded my head. I could tell that dad was disappointed. I looked up and then in front of me. But I noticed something. Gates? Gates! A village!

"Look!! A village!" I called out. Mom and dad quickly looked up and saw it. Dad cried of joy and started running. Mom and I quickly followed. I was smiling in joy.

We had finally gotten up close. We were greeted by large green gates.

"Oh my," I heard mom say as she put her hand over her mouth. "The great Hidden Leaf Village!" She cried out. The Hidden Leaf?! One of the greatest hidden villages there is?! If we got here, then maybe everybody else did too. I thought. We slowly walked up to the gate. All of a sudden, two shinobi jumped in front of us. There was a man with his nose covered by bandages and another man who had half his face covered by his brown hair.

"Who are you?!" The one covered by bandages asked.

My dad quickly put his hands up. "We're from a small village next to the Hidden Sound Village." Dad continued to explain everything. The two men listened to our story and brought us in.

"Where are you bringing us?!" I asked- actually it kind of sounded more like a demand. "Relax, we're bringing you to see Lord Third." The man with brown hair said. The Third Hokage. I've heard about all the 5 great Kages. The Hokage, the Raikage, the Mizukage, the Kazekage, and the Tsuchikage. All of them, great and powerful shinobi. Their Hokage must be really strong then! I thought. We had finally got to a big red building and entered. The two men led us in the Hokage's office. "Lord Third." One said as they entered. "Izumo, Kotetsu." I heard a voice say.

Is it weird that I was actually excited to see who the Hokage was? I walked through the door with my parents. I had my head down before I took a look. I finally lifted my head. I slowly lifted up my head at the Hokage.

"AAAHHHH!!!!! AN UGLY OLD MAN!!" I screamed. My parents looked at me, shocked. D-did I just say that out loud?! Oh no...