Chapter 21

Present (Kaiya POV):

Ronin had just told me everything.

I still couldn't get over the fact that he actually is alive. It wasn't like we were super close, but when he confessed to me that day, I couldn't help but keep thinking about it, even 'till this day.

But now, it all feels useless. I mean, he's alive! I should be happy, but I'm not. And that doesn't include the fact that he tried to kill me multiple times. It's because for some reason, I have always felt guilty since that day. I thought that if I had maybe spent more time with him, that we'd actually have a good time together, because I knew that his parents aren't the best.

How do I know that? I could see right through them. I could tell that they never treated Ronin like a real son. And it wasn't just his parents, it was Ronin too. Whenever people would ask "Oh, how are your parents and your family?" He'd say something like, "Oh! They're great! We're all great." But he always said it with the fakest smile.

It hurt me whenever I thought about it. To get over the guilt I felt, I'd just look up at the sky to think about my childhood. The time when I lived peacefully in my old village.

"So, does that mean that you were going easy on me before, because you knew it was me?" I asked. He nodded.

Ronin walked up to me slowly.

"Look, I still care about you. Very deeply. But I have a duty to fulfill, Kaiya. So fight me." He whispered to me.

"What? Why would I do that?" I asked.

"I know it's going to be hard on both of us, but this is something I know I need to do. And you can't stop me, and just to let you know, I won't go easy on you this time." He whispered to me once more.

"Fine. But I won't go easy on you either." I stared at him, dead in the eyes.

He smirked.

"Alright then."
_______________________________
A/N- Hello, and welcome back everyone.

Thanks for reading this chapter of my story!!

Also, if you go to my profile and go to conversations, I usually post when I'm posting another chapter or just some small announcements and just some fun stories and facts about myself.

Bye!