Chapter 6- Meeting some old friends

The present~
I had just got back from a mission that Tsunade-sama assigned to me. Before heading back home like I usually do, I directed to stop by a familiar place. I walked over to a forest. Somehow? It looked really familiar, like I've been here before. I ignored it and sat down by a tree to relax.

"Oh shoot, I need to report to Tsudande-sama," I told myself. "Welp, I guess I have to go now." I said, as I got up and stated to walk outbid the forest.

As I was walking, I heard rustling I groaned in exhaustion and quickly grabbed a kunai and threw it behind me. "AAAHH!!" I heard someone scream. The voice sounded oddly familiar.

"Who's there?" I asked. A boy with blonde hair, wearing orange and black clothing. Naruto?

He looks so much older. Well I mean, it has been 6 years. I thought to myself. I must look different to him too.

"Who are you?" He asked. What? I know I probably look different, but he really doesn't recognize me? I decided to not tell him so he could figure it out himself.

"None of your business." I replied.

"Hmmm, well you're wearing a shinobi uniform, so you must be from the village!" He pointed out. I groaned and started to walk away. "Hey! Wait up!" He called out. He started to notice, as we walked, that I was heading to the Hokage's office.

"Hey, why are you going to grandma Tsunade's office?" He asked me. Obviously he still didn't recognize me, but I didn't take much offense to it. I continued to ignore him and headed to Tsunade-sama's office.

By the time I finally got there, Naruto was still following me. I knocked on the door and heard Tsunade-sama tell me to come in. Still, Naruto was following me.

"Ah, Kaiya. Didn't you come back from you our mission hours ago?" She questioned me. "Sorry Tsunade-sama, I forgot to come back and report." I admitted. She sighed, then realized Naruto was behind me.

"Naruto?" She asked him. "What are you doing here?" She sighed. "I don't know! I just followed her!" He told her. "Why are you following Kaiya?" She asked him. "Hmmm, Kaiya? That name sounds familiar." He said. "Just get out." Tsunade-sama told him. He scoffed, but left anyway.

After that, I gave Tsunade-sama my report and went on my way. Right when I got outside, I saw a girl with pink hair approaching Tsunade-sama's office. She looked familiar, but I ignored it.

I continued to walk back home, until my stomach started to grumble. "Oh, I must be hungry." I said to myself. I dug into my pocket and grabbed my wallet. "Hmmm, 10, 20... 50. $60! That's enough for some barbecue." I told myself. I walked into the restaurant and grabbed a seat. At the table next to me, there were three people, about my age, eating. I didn't think much of it, until I heard them whispering about me.

"Doesn't she look familiar, Shikamaru?" The girl asked. "I don't know, and I don't care." The boy said. The other boy who was with them didn't even pay attention, he was too busy stuffing his face with meat. "Choji! Leave some for us!" The girl called out. "Sorry..." I'm assuming, Choji said.

My food came out shortly after, and I started to eat. It didn't take me long to finish, so I quickly paid and left.

Right when I left, I saw from the corner of my eye, the girl pulling the boys to follow her. They started to follow me, and of course I knew, but I didn't even care. Well, since they're following me, I might as well have fun with it!

I walked in circles all around the village, and they were still following me. Both of the boys were getting tired of following me, but the girl was definitely determined to meet me.

Finally, I got tired of running around the village, so I stopped on a small playground, and sat down on a swing. I then heard whispers from behind the bushes. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I just stayed on the swing.

Suddenly, the girl with blonde hair came out from the bushes and sat next to me.

"Hi! I'm Ino Yamanaka! What's your name?" She asked me with a smile. "Kaiya Mayoko." I said with a dull face. "Kaiya Mayoko? Sounds familiar." She told me.

What is up with everybody remembering me all of a sudden??? "Um, so what are you doing here?" I asked her. "Oh! You just looked so familiar, and now your name sounds familiar, but I just can't put my finger on who you are!" She said. "Hmmm.." she put her finger in her chin. Then she quickly called over the boys who were still in the bushes. They slowly walked over.

"I'm Shikamaru Nara," one boy said. "And I'm Choji Akimichi." The other one said. I nodded. "This is Kaiya Mayoko." Ino told them. "Kaiya Mayoko? The one who graduated early from the academy?" Shikamaru asked.

The academy! That's where in know them from. "Oh! You are that girl!" Ino stated. "Yup." I said. "How did you graduate so early?" Choji asked me. "Well, Hiruzen-sama told me I was too far ahead. That's all." I told them. We continued to talk, and I actually had a good time. They were very fun and I interesting to be with. They were cool, and funny too. It seemed like I finally made some friends after a long time.