Chapter 17- A day off

After another trip, we made it make to the village. 

we walked through the gates of the village. "Alright! We should head to Tsunade-sama's office now." I told everyone. They nodded. 

We made it to the Hokage's office. I knocked on the door. "Come in!" I heard Shizune-sama say. We all walked in. Tsunade-sama looked up from her desk. "Ah, you're all back from the mission." She said. "Yes." I told her. "So, tell me about all the information you gathered." She said. So, we all explained everything about how he has wind chakra, that we think he's being controlled, and about how he has amazingly powerful jutsu. "Hmmm, well that sounds like an issue." Tsunade-sama stated, calmly. "That's because it is an issue!" Shuzune yelled. "Well, we'll have to do something about it. Well, all of you are dismissed until further instruction." She told us. As everybody else left, I stayed. 

"Yes, Kaiya?" Tusnade-sama asked me. "Well, when is our next mission?" I asked her. "Well, I was actually thinking about giving this mission to somebody else." She told me. "What?! Why? And who?!" I asked. "Higher ranked shinobi, Kaiya. You may be a jonin, and way more advanced compared to your teammates, but I feel this is more of a job for the ANBU." She said. "Please, Tsunade-sama, please let us keep this. I promise that we can do this." I told her. "Why are you so interested in this mission? You never are." She stated. To be honest. I didn't really know either. Was it because I wanted to find out who this guy was, or maybe it's because I finally feel like I have a place to belong with my teammates? I really don't know. "You know what. I'll think about it. But for now, you need a break." She told me. "What?" I asked. "You have a day off." She told me. "Now shoo." She hurried me out of her office. "A-alright." I said. 

I left her office. I didn't know what to do. I mean, of course I've had day offs, but that's not what I'm worried about. 

I really want to be the one to lead this mission. And I still don't know why! This is a real pain. And Tsunade-sama was right. I never care about these things. So why now? Do you think it could be an instinct from my future self telling me to fight for this? No, that's crazy. Unless it's not... Oh whatever! 

Well, since I do have the day off, what should I do? Well, I could train. No thanks, I'll pass on that. Well, what should I do then? Hmmm, I could try to finish that song I was working on. Right, I definitely need to finish those lyrics. Well, looks like I've found what I'm doing for the rest of the day. 

But before that, I quickly went home and prepared an egg sand which and then left. I walked around the village, looking for a good, quiet spot to work. That's when I stumbled across a big field. 

"Hmmm, I've never been here before." I said to myself. 

I sat down on a nice spot next to a big rock. I grabbed out my notebook and pencil from my bag, and started to write. 

"Hmmm, what rhymes with light? Fight, night! Oooh, that's good." I told myself. I continued to try and write. I then ate my sand which about an hour later. Writing lyrics to a song that you don't even know what it's about is pretty hard. I even fell asleep. 

As I drifted away to sleep, I had some kind of dream, no, it was more like a memory.

In this memory, I was my younger self back in my old village, playing with a boy. Who was that boy? Even in my memory, it wasn't clear. 

All I saw was the two of us running around a lake. 

Memory:

"Hey!" I called out. "Come onnnnn!!" The little boy complained. I slowly ran up to him and hugged him. "Let's go!" Little me called out. The boy followed me to a shiny lake. "Tag!" The boy tagged me. I giggled. We started to chase each other around.

Present:

I woke up. "Woah." I thought to myself. That boy... Who was he? I couldn't remember anything about him. I don't even remember having any friends when I was younger. But seriously, who was that...

______________________________

A/N- Welcome back! I hope that you read the Thanksgiving Special and enjoyed it. But if you didn't, then I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Soooo, who do you guys think this mysterious little boy is???

Anyway, thanks for reading, bye!!