Chapter 7- Trouble in the village

I got up the next day and quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth, grabbed my belongings, and headed out the door.

"Bye honey!" Mom called out as I left the house. I waved bye to her before I closed the door. I walked past many shops and restaurants on my way to a quiet place to write: the library.

I opened the doors to the library and took a seat on a large desk. I got out a few pieces of paper, and a pencil. I usually write out lyrics to my songs in the woods or the playground, but it's pretty cold outside, and there are always children who are playing on the playground during the day. I started to think of lyrics.

I usually try to write my lyrics on things that are happening to me currently. But nothing has happened to me. I've only became the "masked musician" 5 times. But I couldn't write a song about any of those experiences. All of those times have either been bandits, or, actually, all of them have been bandits. Ugh! Plus, all the songs I've written recently were about, barbecue, grass, and rabbits. Don't even bother asking what those lyrics were. I shook my head, disappointed in myself.

I spent the rest of my day at the library, writing down chords and musical notes to my song with no lyrics. I was mostly debating on an A minor chord or an E minor chord. I did eventually decide that an A minor chord was the way to go. Of course, I was too busy working on the chords, that I didn't think of the lyrics for the rest of the day.

It started to get close to 4 o'clock, so I decided to pack up my things and head home. Surprisingly, I didn't have to take any detours on my way home.

I made it home by 4:20. "Good! You're home!" Mom shouted as I walked through the door. "Mhm." I mumbled. "Okay, well, I just started to make dinner, so it'll be ready in about an hour." Mom told me. "Mhm." I repeated as I headed to my room. "Ugh, teenagers." Mom said to herself.

I laid down on my bed, until suddenly, I heard a knock on my window. Who could that be? I wondered. I looked over to my window, and it was Naruto! But what is he doing here?

"Hello?" I called out. "Finally!" He called out as he climbed into my room. "Excuse me?! What are you doing?!" I asked him, a bit angry. "I was trying to find you all over the village!" He told me. "Why?" I asked him, shocked. He started to climb into my room and said, "Well, right when I left Granny Tsunade's office, I remembered who you are!" "You do?" I asked. "Yup! You're Kaiya Mayoko! One of my first friends." He said. I stood still. "You do look a bit different though. No wonder why I didn't recognize you. But you did keep your long, black hair!" He examined me. I scoffed. "You're the same too. Loud, but caring." I admitted. He smiled.

"Kaiya! Dinner!" Mom called out. I started to panic. "Hey! Jump out the window!" I instructed Naruto. "What?" He asked. "GO!" I told him. I quickly pushed him out the window and went outside. I heard a big thump but I knew it was him, so I ignored it. I walked out of my room. "What was that?" Mom asked me. "Nothing." I told her. "Mhm." She mumbled sarcastically. Mom placed the food on the table. It was just me and my mom that night, because my dad was busy working tonight. I finished the food and washed all the dishes. Mom thanked me for doing the dishes and gave me money.

"What is this for?" I asked her. "You never spend money on yourself, so I'm giving you this. And besides, it's not that much, so just go spend it!" She bugged me. I sighed. "Alright." I told her. "Go out to the village or something! Do something fun!" She said. "Okay, okay." I said. I got my bag and walked outside. The night was lit by lanterns from the village. I walked over to the shops. There were big sales going on everywhere, so the place was packed.

I walked around for a bit and ended up buying a few pens. Pretty boring stuff to be honest. I started to walk back home until suddenly, I heard screams coming from near by. I quickly ran over to the direction I heard the screaming. I ran over to another shopping center and saw dozens of people slaughtered. It brought back memories from 6 years ago. I was scared then, but now, I'm fighting, and I am not going to let whoever did this get away with it.