Interversity

Hi everyone, long time no see. I'm sorry I didn't write anything about my journey at all this month. Things have been crazy with the Pandemic. The next part of my spiritual journey is about Interversity. Interversity is a Christian fellowship club at Salem State. There are other Interversity's on other campuses throughout the country. When I was at Salem State during the summer bridge academy I met Mollie who came up to me and invited me to their bible study. I went. I joined their club on and off throughout my years at Salem State learning different passages in the bible. They all know that I am not Christian and they are okay with it. I like the people in the club. Rachel and Ashley were in that club too. Our meetings would be on Mondays at 11 and Wednesdays at 4:30. I would usually just pick a day because I didn't want to do both days. That would be too much religion and also there might be things I want to be able to do. In my third year in February there was a overnight retreat I went to with a few other poeple from Interversity. We stayed at a church meeting with other people from their Interversity's at their campuses. There was a moment when I felt something but then I was turned off because someone said something I didn't like but I don't remember what. It's hard to believe in the Christian religion for me because of certain believes some people might have. I also did a spring break trip with Interversity including Ashley to Baton Rouge Louisiana for Habitat with Humanity. It was nice helping people. We would go to a church where we had dinner and talk about a passage from the bible. Then go back to the other church to sleep. The religion stuff didn't bother me because I love helping people and it felt good doing something about the hurricane. 

Habitat with humanity is a religious organization. I did it again for my last year at Salem State but with the Community Service Initiative instead. We went to St. Joseph Missouri and helped those people. Painting houses and construction stuff. Those two years of Salem State were the best two years because I had a chance to do that. I hope I get to do that again someday. 

After COVID-19 hit the United States and we got a lot of cases everything closed. I wasn't going back to QCC for in person classes anymore and no more clubx. Because of this clubs went virtual and I was able to go to a few meetings with Interversity via zoom and that was fun. I liked seeing Mollie and Susan again. I have also been struggling with my mental health since March and been trying to keep my faith.