Prologue

With a sigh, Hiro looked over at Tadashi's perfectly made, untouched bed and San Fransokyo Ninjas cap.

"I have charged" Baymax walked out of his charging station towards Hiro.

"Tadashi" Baymax hugged Hiro, while looking in the same direction "There, there"

"I know it's been such a long time since he died, but, it still hurts" Hiro frowned.

"A sudden passing of a loved one causes emotional pain. It is alright to cry" Baymax lectured.

"I'm not gonna cry, Baymax"

Hiro turned around on his swivel chair and typed something on the keyboard of his computer. Baymax realised what it was.

"But Tadashi did not approve of bot fighting" Baymax tilted his head in confusion. Hiro ignored his statement.

"There's a fight across town. If we book now we can still make it"

"But Tadashi-"

"Stop talking about Tadashi!"

"I feel like I have made you..upset" Baymax tilted his head again.

"I'm sorry Baymax. I just- I miss Tadashi. I wish there was some way we could bring him back. A time machine maybe? Go back in time. But then there wouldn't be any Big Hero 6"

Hiro sighed "You're right, buddy. And bot fighting is illegal too. I'll just stay home"

"Would bot fighting improve your emotional state?" Baymax asked.

"Nah. But flying would" Hiro grinned, showing the gap between his two front teeth.

"Hiro! Come down here with Baymax!" Aunt Cass called before Hiro had the chance to suit up.

"Coming aunt Cass!"

Hiro rushed downstairs and Baymax followed slowly.

"Can't you remember what today is?" Cass asked.

"No"

"Unbelievable" she face palmed "It's your brother's birthday"

Hiro's happy smile fell. "Oh"

Cass brought out a sponge cake with strawberries and cream and set it out on the table. She cut it up into small pieces.

"Here you go honey" she smiled as she placed the cake in front of Hiro.

"Er, I'm not hungry aunt Cass. Thanks" Hiro slowly walked up to his room.

"It is alright to cry" Baymax hugged Hiro. This time, a tear rolled down his cheek as he closed his eyes and hugged back...if only Tadashi was here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Characters/ Big Hero 6 concept © Disney*
*Story plot © Dreams_07*