5.

(Not Edited)

Maheen had emotionally blackmailed her father into letting her go to the fair with Mrunal and Gehna. The only conditional was to take King of Udaipur aka Mrunal's fiancé, Prithvi along as well as the royal guards which of course Maheen was more than pleased to agree.

"How romantic." Maheen swooned. "Mrunal didi will get to spend time with Prithvi Ji, she deserves to spend time with him, know him." She said lining her eyes with kohl.

"She does. He looks like a good man." Gehna added as she lay on her stomach on Maheen's bed watching her best friend get ready.

"I don't know about 'looks like a good man' part, but he for sure looks good." Maheen winked at her friend from the mirror who rolled her eyes. Maheen placed the red bindi on her forehead and applied 'itra'.

"Now will you hurry before Meera Bua convinces your dad to change her mind." Gehna said said rolling her eyes.

The two of them made their way to the courtyard where Mrunal and Prithvi were waiting for the two.
A short man with his hair going past his ear stood along with them.

"... I'll be back in sometime. Tell Adi I'll come talk to him as soon as I come." Prithvi said to the man.

"Don't forget Prithvi Bhaiya, if Adi bhai gets angry you know he will-."

"Stop being a scared kitty Mangal, Adi won't say anything -."

"To you, I'll be ready to be carried to the crematorium." Mangal said and scurried off.

Prithvi shook his head in amusement and noticed the new company he had.

"Maheen, Gehna." He said with a small smile and a nod.

"Prithvi Ji." Maheen imitated him, making him chuckle.

"Shall we leave ?" He said looking at Mrunal who nodded.

"If you want, Gehna and I can go on our own, you just have to escort us till the gates of the palace then you and di can have your own part."

"Mahi." Mrunal whisper yelled at her out of embarrassment.

"No it's fine, I'm sure I can give Mrunal enough attention even when we have company." Prithvi said with a smirk, making Mrunal turn red.

"I approve." Maheen squealed rushing towards Mrunal and held her hands. "He isn't boring like you, there is still hope for your kids."

"Let's go Prithvi Ji." Mrunal said ignoring Maheen and walked ahead making Mahi and Prithvi laugh.

•••

The colourful stalls and and the folk songs and dance being performed in every corner of the fair had Maheen in awe.

She hopped from one stall to the other, touching fine silks and soft cottons, a trait she had picked up from her aunt Noor, she tried colourful glass bangles and got her hand painted with heena (mehendi).

After three hours of shopping and enjoying the local festivities and eating loads of sweets, the Princess' along with Gehna and Prithvi returned back to the Agra palace.

"Thank you Prithvi Ji." Mrunal said with a shy smile, she had got to know him for the first time today and she loved what she had seen.

"It was my pleasure." He said like a true gentleman. "I got something for you." He said looking at Mrunal whose eyes snapped up towards him immediately.

"Ji ?"

"I hope you like it." He said extending his hand towards his guard who held a neatly wrapped packet. He took the packet from him and gave it to Mrunal who took it from him carefully as if holding a newborn child.