Prolog

Eva was very pale and weak as she held their new born daughter in her arms. She was exhausted but happy and smiled at her husband. "She is perfect, Henry. Our little Regina  " she said softly and looked into the new borns deep brown eyes.

Henry nodded happily and stroked his wife's cheek gently. He was worried though since Eva was so pale all of a sudden. "My darling, are you alright?" He asked her and looked at Johanna, their maid who also seemed worried. He took little Regina in his arms carefully and sighed.

"I....I feel very tired " Eva admitted and looked to Johanna as well.

"You need rest. " the older woman told Eva and gestured for Henry to leave the room with his daughter so that his wife could rest. Johanna knew though that rest wouldn't help Eva. It didn't look good. 

Henry was extremely worried as he went to the nursery with Regina and dressed her in a little dress and laid her into her crib after wrapping her in her baby blanket which had her name stitched onto the fabric.

The baby girl was beautiful just like her mother. She had a tuft of dark hair and big brown eyes.

Henry watched her for a bit and sang a lullaby to her softly, hoping Eva would be alright. She was his true love and he would be crushed if anything were to happen to his beloved. He couldn't live without her.

Johanna tended to Eva but it really didn't look good. She had lost a lot of blood during labour and was extremely weak. This wasn't good. She cleaned Eva up and tried to get her fever down but to no avail.

She ran to the nursery and burst in. "Sir, your wife is calling for you. " she told him. Her facial expression showed that something was terribly wrong.

Henry quickly got to his feet and followed Johanna.  He rushed to Eva's side and took her hand. She was so cold. "Shh, I'm here, my love." He said quietly and got teary eyed. He knew she was dying and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Henry, don't cry. " Eva whispered and cupped his cheek. "You'll be a great father to our Regina. Please promise me that you will move on. Find love again. " she told him in a hoarse voice. She could barely keep her eyes open. 

"I will. I promise you. I'll take good care of our daughter. " he sobbed and kept holding her hand as he felt her hand slowly going numb. He watched her as she took her last breath and cried as he held her dead body in his arms. The love of his life was gone.