13.

6 years later...

"Mama!" Little Roland called out as he reached the camp with his father and twin sister after their hunting lesson.

Regina smiled when she heard her son and ran to her little family. "Hey, my little prince and princess. You had fun hunting today?" She asked as she hugged her twins and kissed their cheeks. She bend down to their level and stroked their hair carefully.

"Yes, Mama. Papa let us hunt a rabbit. " Raelyn explained to her mother excitedly and hugged her, playing slightly with her mother's long hair.

"Is that so?" Regina asked and looked up at her husband Robin, raising an eyebrow at him before kissing him happily. 

"Well they are their mother's children after all." Robin chuckled and wrapped his arms around his wife's slim waist.

Regina was truly happy with her little family in Sherwood Forest. She really couldn't ask for more. Robin had shown her a complete new world and she wouldn't change a thing. The brunette was the happiest she had ever been right now. 

Suddenly there was thunder growling and a cloud of black smoke covered the sky. Roland and Raelyn got scared and cuddled to their parents. They both hated thunder just like their mother. "What is happening?" Regina asked and looked at Robin unsure and scared.

"I don't know. " he said and held them close. He looked up when he saw Little John running towards them. "What's going on?" He asked.

Little John was a little out of breath when he reached the camp. "There is a curse coming. In the village they all keep talking about it. The curse will take us to a land without magic where we will be seperated from our loved ones. " he explained and looked at Regina and Robin.  "Parts of the Enchanted Forest have already been affected. People are scared. They don't know what to do. " he added and sighed.

Regina looked unsure and frowned slightly. "A curse? Who cast it?" She asked the tall man and held the twins close to her.

"I don't know but I have found someone who knows some more. " he explained and gestured to the two figures coming towards their camp. Regina gasped when she saw who it was.

"Snow?" She asked and ran towards her sister.

"Regina?" Snow asked and smiled when she recognised her little sister. She hugged her happily. "I thought I would never see you again. " she whispered and hugged her tightly. 

Regina hugged her sister and looked at her closely and gasped when she noticed the large bump. "You are pregnant." she said and looked at her and David. "What are you both doing here?" She asked.

"Mother and Zelena have cast a dark curse. And we came here because our baby is destined to be the saviour. There is a magic tree here in Sherwood Forest that we need to send our daughter to safety before the curse affects us. " Snow explained to her sister. "Our friend Gepetto will carve the tree into a wardrobe so we can send Emma away through a portal. " she added.

Regina sighed and looked at Robin and the twins worriedly. She couldn't believe her mother would go as far as casting a curse.

"Everyone will be separated from their loved ones. " David told them and noticed the twins standing next to Robin. They shared a strong resemblance to Regina.

Snow gasped as she noticed too. "You bore twins?" She asked her little sister and smiled at the kids.

"I did, yes. Roland, Raelyn, meet your aunt Snow and your Uncle David. " she said and waved the twins over to meet their aunt and uncle.

Roland smiled and ran to them happily while Raelyn was a little shy at first and stayed close to her mother but slowly she warmed up to Snow and David.

Snow and David stayed at the camp with Gepetto and their friends for a few days until Snow suddenly went into labour.

"No it can't happen now. It's too early. The wardrobe isn't ready. " Snow said as she laid on a cot in Regina's tend. Regina held her hand and tried to calm her. "Shh, it will all be alright. " she said softly and helped Snow deliver the baby. Hours later the cries of a new born could be heard  as Snow held baby Emma in her arms.

Regina smiled softly at her little niece but sighed as the thunder of the curse got louder and louder. The curse was almost there.

"The wardrobe is ready" Gepetto announced and looked at Snow.

"Where is David?" She asked and looked at Regina.

"I'll get him. Don't worry. " Regina answered and went to get David. Moments later she returned with him and let him and Gepetto take Emma to the wardrobe.

"Where are the twins?" Snow asked Regina to keep her mind off of losing her daughter. She was crushed to let Emma go but she had to give her daughter her best chance. She couldn't let Cora win.

"They are with Robin. Maybe if we are seperated the twins will at least have him. " she said softly and tried hard not to cry. She couldn't believe this was happening to them.

They stayed in the tend as the air filled with black smoke and everything went black.