2.

14 years later...

Regina woke up early in the morning like usual and got ready for the day ahead. She got dressed in her favourite light blue gown which was a little worn and small. She would have to ask her mother for a few new dresses soon.

The young brunette then brushed and braided her extremely long dark hair before going downstairs to get started on breakfast since it was almost time for her mother and sisters to wake up. As she entered the kitchen Regina smiled when she saw Johanna. "Good morning, Johanna. " she said cheerfully.

"Good morning, dear. Breakfast is almost ready." The older woman explained and smiled at the young girl. She wanted to help Regina as best she could since the girl didn't have it easy lately.

"Oh you didn't have to. That is my task. " she answered softly and sighed. She was grateful for Johanna's help but her mother would not appreciate it if she found out.

"You already have enough to do around the house, dear. You shouldn't work at all. " Johanna pointed out and put the breakfast for Cora and Zelena and Snow onto trays so Regina could serve it.

Regina didn't say anything about this and just grabbed the first tray and went to her mother's room first. She knocked gently on the door before entering. "Good morning, Mother. I got your breakfast. " she explained and looked at her mother who was already awake and dressed for the day.

"Good. Put it on the table, Regina." The older brunette replied and gestured to the small table across the room.

Regina nodded and did as she was told. She did a small curtesy and then left the room to bring breakfast to Zelena next. Her eldest sister was still in bed like usual. "Zelena, I have your breakfast " she said and also sat the tray into the table in the room.

Zelena groaned and rubbed her eyes. She glared slightly at her younger sister. "Leave me alone! It's too early. " she groaned and shoed Regina out of the room.

Regina sighed. Everyday was just the same. Zelena was always mean to her for some reason. She really didn't understand why. She also didn't understand what had changed that made her mother so cold towards her.

At last she went to Snow's room and served breakfast to her. Snow was already dressed for the day and sat in front of her vanity, doing her hair. "Good morning, Gina. Did you already eat?" She asked with concern. She had always been really close with Regina and also didn't understand why her mother and sister treated Regina so terribly.

"Uhm, no. I didn't. " the young girl admitted to her sister. She couldn't hide anything from Snow. 

"Then please sit down for a moment and at least eat some of the oatmeal. We wouldn't want you to faint. " Snow said in a motherly tone and gestured for Regina to sit.

Regina sighed and nodded. She couldn't say no to Snow. She sat down and ate a bit of the breakfast and then got up again after a while. "I need to go do the laundry now before mother finds me here. I'll see you later. " she explained and went to do her chores.

She did the laundry and folded everything neatly. Then she cleaned the house with Johanna's help.

"Regina!" Her mother shouted from the study. The young girl sighed and went to see what her mother wanted this time. As she entered, Cora sat at the desk and was going over their budget.

"You called for me, Mother?" She asked softly and looked at her mother as Cora looked up from what she was doing.

"Yes, dear. Are you done with the laundry and cleaning?" She questioned and looked at the young girl.

Regina nodded slowly to that question. "Yes, Mother. I'm done with that. " she replied and pushed a lock of her hair out of her face.

"Good. I need you to go into town. I need some stuff from the market. Please take Johanna with you. " she explained and handed Regina a shopping list and a bag of coins.  "Make sure to bring back the left over money. " she added and eyed Regina for a moment, taking in her appearence. Her dress was a bit worn and definitely a size too small for her. The older woman sighed. "And you can buy two new dresses for yourself. But nothing too fancy. " she told the young girl.

Regina gasped. "Really? Oh, thank you, Mother. " she said and hugged her mother shortly though she felt her mother go stiff to her touch so she stopped the hug after a moment.

"Alright, dear. And don't take too long. " she said as Regina left the room.

Regina grabbed her cloak and a basket and then got onto their wagon with Johanna and rode off with her to the village near their estate.