𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

"Why did you drag me along again?" Your new roommate asked, trailing close behind you as you pushed a shopping cart filled with food. You turned back to face Shigaraki and gave him a grumpy (but not really) look. "So I could get the stuff you like." You replied, now turning down the cereal aisle.

  "I like sugary cereal, with marshmallows." You stated, halting the metal cart to a stop. You looked around for your favorite brand of cereal amongst the dozens of different boxes on the shelves, but couldn't find it. They must have moved things around since the last time you've been to this store, because you couldn't find what you were looking for.

  "Looking for these?" A deep voice asked. The hairs on your arms stood straight up, that was the voice of your ex. You turned around and there stood Mako, your highschool sweetheart that was never really that sweet. He held a box of Lucky Charms in his hand, and he extended his arm to give them to you.

  He towered over you like he always has, and his presence brought back that very familiar feeling of uneasiness and discomfort that seemed to be seeping out of every pore on his body.

  "Yes." You whispered, taking the colorful, cardboard box from his massive hand.

  "Who's this.. interesting looking guy, Teeny?" Teeny, the nickname he gave you back in junior year. Mako stood well over six foot, and he used his size against any and everyone, especially his ex girlfriend.

  Yours and Mako's relationship was a big power play, he loved making you feel helpless and powerless, and because of your quirk, he could do anything he wanted with you with no repercussions. He used to throw you around, shove you, push you when the two of you were alone. It was even worse in the bedroom, that's actually where it was the most brutal. Being dominated is one thing, screaming and crying out of agony (not pleasure) is another, especially when you weren't even up for the idea of sex and pain being mixed together.

  The two of you were only 17 when you started dating, and broke up one year ago when you were both 19, so you hardly lasted a year.

  "Just a friend, Mako. Also, please don't call me Teeny, you knew I always hated it." You dropped the Lucky Charms into your shopping cart. Shigaraki observed you and Mako quietly, he noticed you looking anxiously everywhere except at the tall man, and he inched himself closer to you.

  "Isn't he a little puny, Teeny? You her new boyfriend or something, dude?" Tomura didn't know what to do, it was clear you and this man had some bad history, and it was even more obvious you were uncomfortable.

  "No. Y/N isn't feeling very well today, we better get going."

  "Should I help you carry those to your car?" Mako asked, completely ignoring Shigaraki's answer. Your ex stepped closer to the shopping cart, ready to start pulling if given a yes to his question.

  "We got it." Tomura pulled his sleeves over his hands and grabbed a hold of the cart's handle, which you were clinging on to tightly. Shigaraki's chest was just centimeters from your back as he tried his best to shield you from the stranger. "Let's just go." He whispered to you. "This is embarrassing."

  You began pushing the cart and Tomura walked at your pace, careful of the distance between your bodies. The both of you ushered to a self check-out and the second the cart stopped moving, Shigaraki removed his hands from next to yours and stepped away from you.

  "Can you scan? I don't want to disintegrate anything by accident." He said, going to stand by the bagging area. You scanned the groceries one by one quietly. To Shigaraki you seemed to almost be on autopilot, seeing that man did something to you, and though he wanted to ask about it, he figured he'd wait.

___

  Back at your apartment, you and Shigaraki had unpacked and put away all the groceries in their respective spots.

  "Wanna play?" You asked as the two of you sat down on your living room couch. Tomura nodded softly and picked up a PS4 controller from the coffee table, turning the system on.

  "Are you okay?" He asked you, watching as you grabbed the other controller.

  "I know I was weird earlier. That guy was my ex, we ended badly." You opened Minecraft and kept your attention on the loading screen, while your roommate kept his ruby colored eyes on you.

  "I guess I should thank you for kind of shielding me earlier at the store," you started as you created a new world. "If we stood there for any longer I feel like something bad may have happened, Mako is very strong. We're no match, even together."

  "It's whatever.." Shigaraki replied, he could feel his face warm up thinking back to how close he was to you earlier. Of course his intention wasn't anything bad, it was to block you from your ex who looked like he was getting closer with each passing second he continued talking. But now that he thought back at the scene, it could have came off a bit romantic.

  "Can you get wood?" You asked the man as the world finally loaded on to your TV. "I'll get flowers for decoration." 

  "What kind of wood?" Shigaraki asked, moving his joystick around looking at the plethora of trees that surrounded his spawn point.

  "Surprise me." You began punching at purple and blue flowers that you found as Tomura began punching at trees. It was nice, Shigaraki's presence made you feel safe and protected after the days events. He wouldn't hurt you like Mako did, he just wanted to sit down and play Minecraft and enjoy your company.

  "Thank you." The blue-haired man said out of nowhere. You turned to look at him.

  "For what?" You asked, your eyes wide with curiosity. Tomura could feel his heart melt at the sight, you were just too adorable, even without trying.

  "Letting me stay here, for giving me a chance. Seeing me as a person rather than a villian." He said. Normally he wasn't like this, actually he never was, but something about the moment you two were sharing really made him want to say something heartfelt.

  Your lips curled up into a sweet smile. "There's no reason to thank me, you're awesome.. once you get passed that tsundere attitude of yours." The two of you looked deeply into the other's eyes as peaceful Minecraft music played in the back.

  Suddenly, you jumped as you heard a zombie's groaning and attack noises from the screen. You rushed to start hitting the monster, only for it to kill you before you could do any real damage.

  "Damn!" You said, putting your forehead against Shigaraki's shoulder. "After all those pretty flowers I collected too!"

  You kept your head against the man's shoulder as you refocused on the game, hitting the respawn button. "This isn't bothering you is it?" You asked him, scooting closer to his body.

  It wasn't bothering him in an annoying way, but it sure caused his stomach to twist itself into big knots. "No.." Tomura replied, shifting so that you could get comfortable.

  "Good, because I like this."