3. Alone again

Senshi strolled onto the mountain where he was supposed to be training, hands in his pockets and his eyes trained on the dark thunder filled sky he realised he had ment to meet his Da- erm Aozora there half an hour ago.

What? Old habits die hard.

"Brat!"

BOOM!

If Senshi was anyone else, the heat and strength from that thund8er strike probably would have killed him, but he just ate it instead.

Bam!

But that didn't mean he was fast enough to dodge his slaps, he does just suddenly appear in a strike of lightning.

Senshi can do it too, but not nearly as quickly.

"Maa maa, no need to be so grumpy, I simply got lost on the path of life" Senshi replied, a closed eye smile to finish it off.

"How about I end your life, so you have no path to get lost on" Aozora replied.

"That, wouldn't be apreceated" Senshi replied.

"Hmm, brat, your turning 7 soon" he said looking up to the sky.

"My birthday? Right we just celebrate the day you found me, 7th of July right?" He asked.

"Yes, how do you forget your own birthday?"

"I'm nothing to celebrate about" he replied earning a slap, that he managed to duck under.

"Don't say that, and yes your birthday is tomorrow, but I wanted to give this to you early." He said.

He pushed a box over to Senshi who looked at it with curiosity and slight fear.

"It's not gonna be a box of worms again is it?" He asked.

"I gave you that box once when you were four and you've asked every year since. No it's not a box of worms" he said, the sigh and slight amusement was heard.

Senshi sniffed the box first, trusting his enhanced smell, smelling nothing he finally opened the box.

The box held three items, a light blue scarf, a light blue headband with a metal plate on it, and a black and blue Katana.

"Woah.." Senshi whispered, he wrapped the scarf around him and instantly felt warm. He placed the headband on and felt like a peice of home had been returned and grabbed the Katana.

"The Scarf and headband are made from my feathers, they are practically indestructible to all elements, unless someone is aiming for them, then they might be able to damage them."

Senshi still stared at the sword.

"The metal plating on you headband is fused with Magic, should you choose to join a Guild that guilds sign will become engraved on the metal plate"

Senshi flashed back to his forehead protector, his old one that had the hidden leaf symbol engraved on it.

"That sword is made from obsidian, in the Pheonix's flames. You will be able to fuse your Magic with it" he finished.

Senshi didn't notice, but tears had rolled down his eyes, he sat cross legged and held the sword tight to his chest as tears rolled down his eyes.

"You ok? You never cry even as a baby"

"*sniff* thank you Da- umm Aozora, this means so much to me." He said.

Aozora smiled at the slip up, yes he knows he told him not to call him dad, but hearing him refer to him as such still put a smile on his face.