𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

Virginia Curtis never went without clothes

Virginia Curtis never went without clothes. Especially in front of boys and especially in front of the gang. Not that her brothers would let it happen anyway but they were clueless of the few times some of the boys had walked in on her.

Darry Curtis sighed, inhaling the heavenly steam of his morning coffee and feeling his up and coming stresses of the day melt away as he took his first sip of the rich drink. It wasn't the fanciest coffee but it was something that lonely hour.

He cocked a brow curiously and crept closer when he spotted a curled-up figure wrapped up in an old blanket in that old red armchair pushed close to the couch. Feeling a light mischievous smirk at his lips, he carefully undid the blue towel that was secured around his hips and twisted it tightly.

Once the towel was rolled up, he grabbed the weaker end and gave the sleeping bundle a whack that could've been heard down the block.

"Ow!"

Darry's eyes widened to the size of saucers when he heard a feminine but oddly familiar screech erupt from under the blanket and he hastily undid the towel and wrapped it around his bare crotch out of horrid realization.

Virginia, feeling the searing pain of the towel on her leg ripped the blanket away from her head and glared at Darry who stared at her like a deer caught in headlights.

"Sorry," Darry muttered, avoiding eye contact with his little sister and raising his coffee cup to his lips.

Virginia groaned in reasonable frustration and collapsed into the chair, snuggling deeper into the old cushion as she heard a chorus of her other brothers' footsteps echo in the dining room. She suddenly realized the fact that she was draped in a blanket and a very familiar blanket at that.

Gently fingering a small thread from the corner of the cotton sheet, a small smile came to her face at the fact that big bad Dallas Winston, the toughest greaser in Tulsa or even the whole state of Oklahoma, had wrapped her up in a blanket that had been intended for him.

But being the girl she was, Virginia chose to not read into it more than a simple favor returned.

Sodapop, who was carrying his DX shirt in one hand and warm, ironed jeans in the other, peered past the entryway into the living room. He hummed thoughtfully when he saw Virginia falling back asleep in the chair with her slender fingers wrapped around the blanket.

"I thought she was sleepin' up with us," Ponyboy muttered and turned around to see Soda gazing behind at Darry.

"You thought it was Two-Bit!" Soda laughed boisterously and sat on the edge of the coffee table in front of his sister. "You're always high-tailing Two-Bit when he sleeps over."

Soda let out a chuckle and pulled off the blanket from her torso and she grumbled, turning over and staring up at the ceiling to hopefully figure out that Darry was wearing his towel again.