Chapter 13

Bolt's POV

I lept into the forest and started to run as far and as fast as I could, hoping to escape this torture, this pain that was afflicting me, I lept from tree to tree, ground and sand. At one point I think that I was even running on the water around the island, but I needed to do something or these feelings would eat me alive, they probably already were, and I found myself longing for the electricity of the storm even more than I had ever had.

I didn't know at what point my sadness turned into anger, but I soon found myself running, imagining the blood of this Zoran person dripping from my claws. When I was done destroying the trees of the western part of the island I suddenly found myself being watched. I whirled around with my claws out ready to attack and I saw that Chloe was standing there, at the beach, watching my destruction with wide eyes.

I pushed the feelings that I had into a locked part deep in my mind, I would call for them when I needed them should I have to fight to get to this Zoran human.

"Sorry" I grumbled and as soon as I said it my stomach decided to make itself known.

I understand what you are feeling all too well she said, I had to claw my way up the ranks of the forest as a Riolu, and I later found that revenge isn't all too sweet when it's already destroyed everything you've looked after.

"Who?" I asked and she stepped closer, the shiny gem on the wrist of her left paw showing her hidden power in plain sight for all to see

My family was killed first, and then my friends, and anyone else I came to was also exterminated by the very clan that took over my home, she said, then I met Shadow, and she helped me evolve and grow stronger, and when I went back and destroyed the very ones that destroyed my life, I found that it wasn't as fulfilling as I thought it would be. I eventually came back to Shadow and she helped bring me back to my senses and she took care of me for months, and eventually I became her first Pokemon, and we went on adventures together, mainly killing deadly pokemon and capturing bandits, saving a few people here and there, but over time we met other Pokemon that had a life similar to ours and the team that you see is the result.

"I'm sorry too, I was a little overboard on the whole crippling thing, and I realize that it wasn't your fault that Mr. Dragonite was killed"

How could it now be? I dealt the final blow, I caused his defeat. How can you not be mad at me for that? she asked and I shook my head.

"Because sooner or later he probably would've died, and I was the one that killed him in the end, so it is not your fault, it's this Zoran's fault for all of this" I growled and the image of human blood dripping from my claws flashed through my mind once again.

Chloe was silent for some time after that and once she got out of her stupor she motioned towards the others.

I am sure that you are hungry after all of that she said and my stomach growled as if to accept the unsaid invitation, we have food cooking, all sorts of things too, since we didn't know what you liked best.

"Fish" I blurted and looked down in embarrassment, "my favorite food is fish." I heard a chuckling in my mind and looked up to see Chloe smiling at me mischievously.

Okay, then you can have all of the fish that you want she said and walked off, with my close behind. I heard the campsite before I smelled it, and I smelled fish, but restrained myself from just darting in and grabbing it. Something that surely would've startled the others, especially now that it's nighttime.

"...I still can't believe that--oh Chloe you're back, did you find it?" Shadow said and I stayed where I was leaning on the tree a ways back, able to see them clearly thanks to my night vision, perks to being a Cat-like Pokemon.