Chapter 15

The Older Male rushed at me with his sword in hand and started moving at a speed that was challenging for even me to go up against. I hit away his sword with my paws, making sure to hit the flat of the blade every time as to not cut myself.

The Female's presence suddenly disappeared and I dropped low to feint touching the man's leg causing him to rotate his sword around to block, but as soon as his sword passed the ninety degree point I reached out to punch his chest.

Instead of colliding with the man's chest I punched a three inch length of steel. The female had come in last second to keep me from touching the male. I kept back and watched the two, the female's presence was there again, she must've had to abandon the sneak attack that she had planned to use to defeat or land a hit on me before seeing that I was about to defeat the male.

I felt Shadow come within a quarter mile from us and suddenly she shot an arrow at me. I looked over surprised, but swiped it aside as soon as it got within reach.

"Stop Zeraora, they are not people you need to fight!" She yelled and I was very confused.

"They tried to ambush us though, how could I not defend you and myself?" I asked and Chloe stepped forwards carrying the little female that I had taken out earlier in her arms.

They are family, Chloe said, we should've told you about them before coming, but they plan their ambushes at random times so we're never know when they'll come at us like they just tried to.

"Why would your own family ambush you?" I asked and Chloe handed off the Little girl that she was holding and came over to me.

Look at it as a sort of family greeting, we challenge those that have been gone for a while. Maybe even after someone has just gotten back from a mission to prove that you need to always be ready Chloe said taking my paws, if we fail then we have to do something around the mountains or the house unless we are punished another way.

"I still don't understand" I said looking at the older humans that were still looking at me cautiously and then I looked at Shadow who was helping her sister stand. It's only been fifteen or so minutes and she's already up, so that means that...a projectile entered my area of sense and I stepped forwards towards Chloe as the arrow went behind me. It's wind brushing my fur and Chloe stepped back looking down with a red tint to her cheeks.

"What's wrong? Did I step on your foot?" I asked confused as to why she was red all of the sudden but she just soon her head and turned to the direction that the arrow had been shot.

Lynn it's fine now, he says that he's sorry for disabling you and your Pokémon, and leaving you on the mountain. Chloe said and I cocked my head. I didn't apologize and I wouldn't have anyways. They staged an ambush, I defended against it by ambushing them.

I know you wouldn't apologize so I just said you did, at least act like it or she'll get mad again. Lynn's the most temperamental of the family and acts on impulse a lot of the time. Also you left her in the cold snow, on a mountain, where no one would find her if they didn't know what to look for or have a tracker for her, of which everyone carries in this family.

"Fine" I growled, "but why do you all wear trackers? It is during missions or because you're in the mountains or is it another challenge that you all think is a game?"

All of it Chloe said and I sighed, well at least it wasn't for this stupid game/challenge family fun thing that they had.

"That's no fair" a sudden Male child's voice rang out and I immediately looked to the source to see that it was the boy I had taken out second. Huh, it took twenty minutes for him to return to normal, how long would it have taken the parents to return to normal after I disabled them if their children were this strong? Five minutes?